ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Pull down menu doesn't give zero as an option

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/07/10 08:03 PM Views: 1864 Replies: 7
Monday, June 7, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Hi,

Our reunion is spanning over 2 nights. I've had a classmate contact me and tell me they can only attend on Friday, and not on Saturday, however when they try and register the system won't let them complete their registration because they didn't put a quantity in for Saturday night.

In particular it's question #9 that asks: Number of people attending Saturday, July 10 reunion.

Is there a way for me to fix this?

Thanks,
Pari

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 8:39 PM - Response #1

It's not working because there is no numerical dropdown option like that. Even though you're just asking for a #, what you want to put in there for the answer type is comment, single line. Then people can just type in their number. I went ahead and changed it for you while I was in there investigating.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM - Response #2

Thanks so much Brad!!

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 10:15 AM - Response #3

Hi Brad,

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the site correctly, but another classmate told me today that they weren't able to only purchases tickets for our Friday night event (we have events on Friday and Saturday). You said before that I needed to make the answer type a comment, single line and that you changed that for me. I'm not seeing that change now and am wondering this student is having the same issue. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Pari

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 4:12 PM - Response #4

Are you able to duplicate this yourself? I can't. I go into your site, I add 1 Friday night event, I continue and go right to the checkout page as I should. I'm going to need to know EXACTLY where they're getting stuck in the process. Wherever that is, if there's some type of message on the screen or an error message or anything like that, I need to know exactly what is says. They're actually selecting a quantity of "1" for the Friday night event before trying to continue with their purchase? Can you verify that with them?

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM - Response #5

I haven't been able to recreate it myself. I asked on of the students and this is what she said:

I couldn't move to the next page without selecting a quantity from the "Number of People Attending Saturday night" dropdown menu. When I left it blank, an error message came up when I tried to move to the next page. I got around it by picking 1 from that dropdown menu but only ordering a ticket for the baseball game.

Any thoughts?

When I tried to go in and edit the "number of people attending saturday night" field it won't let me because that must have been one of the standard questions rather than one I added.

Friday, June 11, 2010 at 10:21 PM - Response #6

Oh sorry, I see the problem. You've changed the default "Number of People Attending" to include wording specifically about Saturday night. And then you've added your own custom question for the Friday night event. The number of people attending default question is built in, and assumes that if you're registering for the reunion at least yourself is coming. But in your case you're using 1 reunion planner is a registration tool for 2 different events. The solution here is to deactivate Question #9 and #10 completely, and then just like you did with custom Question #11 you need to create a question specifically for Saturday night.

Monday, June 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM - Response #7

thanks so much Brad!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.