ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Vistors

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/21/12 04:01 PM Views: 1572 Replies: 11
Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM

We just had our 100,000 visitor. Are we leading?

Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM - Response #1

Congratulations. It isn't hard when you have 28154 members.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 5:54 PM - Response #2

You are first in Bensalem Twp High Schoool visitors

Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM - Response #3

Thanks for that info Kyle - otherwise, the rest of us might have felt a little bad! Laughing

Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 6:47 PM - Response #4

And if you adjust for time online since creation? You probably still have us beat, though. We've had 97051 visits since 10/5/2008, 21948 alums listed, only 18% active. I can't do the math.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 6:35 AM - Response #5

Steve,
You're right, also because some of us have a really small amount of alumni. My school had 300 girls at the time of my graduation. There were 75 in my graduating class. Sofar we,e found 4 deceased. We have 27 members to the site, 17 of which have commited to attending the Reunion. That's 37% that have joined the site. We' had maybe 900+ hits (visitors). This is a single year Reunion and I began the site in 2010. I'm sure others have done better but you're right, Steve, and so is Mary.
Thanks from me also, Kyle.
Barbara Wink

Monday, January 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM - Response #6

Is that for the whole Sr. High school or just one class?

Monday, January 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM - Response #7

100,182 since 9/27/08 (100,182 \ 1,213 days) = 82.59 per day
19% active
18% photo's
1031 messages between members last year. 2.82 per day (1.75 by me)

I think we are doing really well with 19% active. I am not sure where this stops. My feeling is that we will never get over 25%. We have a lot of people from a lot of walks of life. Some our are most famous grads have no interest in our Alumni. I am not sure how to deal this this except to let it be. I guess in my wildest dreams the most this number would ever get to is maybe 35%.

I know there are a lot of small schools out there and some large ones too. I do wonder what is everyone else doing?

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM - Response #8

I know this is elementary. Ya'll are so much farther ahead of me on all this, but how do you go about finding how many have visited your site.

Thanks. Patsy

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM - Response #9

This kind of information can be found on the STATISTICS link

Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM - Response #10

Ray,
I'm surprised you only have 18% joined to you site. A few hints I hope won't be taken wrongly. 1st: 'google' your school to see if you can find it. Then comment on the school posting. 2nd: Put your website and reunion activity on FaceBook both as an Event of yours and put the school there as though it were a person so it can be inquired about. 3rd and lastly: find yourself an energized reaseacher (maybe a librarian by trade) to head a 'research committee'. She (or he) will have a title & resposibility. You'd be surprised at what that does.
I had to do these things since my school was so small, has been closed since 1980, and was all girls (they change their last name). As I said earlier we have as og today 37% joined on the site. You can do the same with a little effort.
Often, I check the dates (through 'manage classmates') of each alumnus' most recent visit. This tells me whether or not their are getting bored as a group. There's where I could use some help (keeping the website interesting). Anyideas very appreciated!~ IdeaQuestion
Barbara

Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM - Response #11

Hi Patsy,

If you access Statistics as Kyle stated you'll find the number of Home Page Visitors and also a list of each member's most recent visit (List of users and last login dates). If you track these by the day you'll notice the daily home page hit count probably exceeds the day's member visits.

The difference is the number of lurkers or non-members who've visited your site.

I've tracked this (daily) for the last few of weeks and in our case the number of lurkers has often exceeded the number of member visits. I know that at least some of the lurkers are class members who haven't joined the site. I know because we've had info inquiries from classmates who aren't members. The info requests have come through our redirected email address known only to a site visitor.

Although I have no problem with lurkers I do want to increase membership. This is our fault. We simply gave away too much. I've noticed that sites with very high membership percentage (like Kyle's Spanish Forks site) password protect many site added high interest features.

We can't take back what we've already given away but in the future I'll password protect new high interest features.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.