ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help on Tribute to Vets page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/17/09 09:59 AM Views: 1097 Replies: 2
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Dear Brad and staff,

I need a little help with our Vets page. The picture of the school blocks part of the title of this page once you have clicked on the Vets page. The picture doesn't block any other page title on any other page - only on the Vets page. I have tried shortening the name, and bumping it over a few spaces, but part of it is still blocked. Can you fix this for me, or tell me how to fix it?

Also, I was successful in linking the Class of '69 to our site - they are also on ClassCreator.com. Is there a way to edit the name of the link that actually shows on our website to show just "Class of 1969"? or do we need to show the entire address? Please advise.

Thanks for all your prompt help.

Pam Murray
Robert E. Lee HS
Class of 1968

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 6:54 PM - Response #1

I fixed it when I was in there investigating, but there's 2 things you need to know about this:

1) If you ever see your title slipping to the left like this, it's not actually the title that's the culprit -- something on our page is too large to fit in the space you have available, and in the design you're using this causes everything to slip left.

2) In this case, the thing that was too large was a specific div size. The only way this could have gotten into the system is by copying and pasting it from third party source code somewhere else. Thus, when you're pasting in external content or code, make sure you're not pasting in anything larger than the width of your page itself. What is the width of your page? All 12 of our designs have a body width of precisely 646 pixels. So if you look in your code and you see any widths set to larger than 646, you should set them to 646 or less instead. That alone will usually fix these types of problems.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 7:20 PM - Response #2

gracias, oh awesome leader!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.