ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

New Threaded Forum

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 06/24/09 07:55 PM Views: 1275 Replies: 1
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I have really been dragging my feet getting the new threaded forum launched.

First, I KNOW NOTHING about forums, threaded or otherwise, I guess I thought something would magically appear to solve my problem. No such luck.

I put some 5 or 6 topics under General Discussion Forum and from there I am lost. I have yet to turn it on as I don't have a clue on how to "test" it or check it or whatever and only "Sports" shows up there unless they click on General Discussion. I have not a clue on how to arrange these. I would at least like to have all the topics show to start with.

Any help would be appreciated, I know several classmates are waiting for this.

Mary

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 8:40 PM - Response #1

All right, the good news is, it's very easy to run your threaded forums. The bad news is, when you go into them for the very first time it seems daunting (trust me I remember setting up our own forums for the first time).

I can answer anything you'd like to know as you proceed, but let's start from the top. You need to get your topics in place as you desire them. So I'd like you to do this:

1) Log into your site and Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your Threaded Forums
3) Along the top click your Add/Edit Forums link
4) This page is pretty self explanatory. Try setting up your various main forums, move them around to adjust the order as you see fit, and then save the page.

Doing this along will allow you to start taking Classmate posts in your various forums, and discussion starts flowing. Give this a whirl first, then let's proceed from there.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.