ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

create log in for class members

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/24/09 07:51 PM Views: 1349 Replies: 2
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 7:51 PM

members of the alumni are trying to log in to the site to join and input their info. They are having trouble. The only one who can log in is me, the administrator of the site. I am new to this and doing this alone, so any help will do.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM - Response #1

Welcome Linda.

The reason Classmates cannot join is because you have not added any Classmate names yet. I could go on and on about this and why it's imperative that you do this in advance, but all of that is well documented in the new site setup wizard as well as in our FAQs.

Bottom line, you need to go in and add your Classmates. You can do this 1 of 2 ways:

1) Click on Manage Classmates, and then press the Add/Edit Classmates button

2) Click on Manage Classmates, and then click Upload Classmates to use our Classmate Excel sheet import function.

I recommend #2, especially for an alumni site like yours. Yes, entering your Classmates' names is a lot of work -- especially on a multi year site like yours. The payoff will be that you'll get a site that really works though. So grin and bear it as you add those names, because your initial setup work doing this will swing your site into action like nothing else can.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 9:45 PM - Response #2

Linda...It is alot of work but well worth the labor...
each classmate must be listed on the profile of the website. Do not make the PROFILE section password protected. Make sure every one knows the website address. Once they are there they click on their name in the Profiles and proceed to enter what ever they want...including a private/individual password. If their name is not on the PROFILE list they will NOT be able to enroll...

Good Luck

JIM

Edited 06/24/09 9:47 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.