ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Using Survey to improve site

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/25/14 02:40 PM Views: 1426 Replies: 5
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Has anyone used the Survey to help improve their site? I want to reach out to our classmates to get ideas and have no idea what questions to ask. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM - Response #1

Good question, Bob!

Three years ago, I thought of adding brick as a background. I found three seamless brick backgrounds and asked my classmates to choose the one that best represented that on our school.

I could offer more but look forward to what others have to share!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM - Response #2

Bob, interesting that you should post this.

I posted the following survey recently, and emailed everyone on our site, 258 individuals.

<><>

Your thoughts on the composition of our class web site please, particularly what is NOT here, that you would LIKE to see or NOT see.

In past surveys, I have offered suggestions, multiple choice, etc.

This time, I would like YOUR ideas, with no prompts from me, so I have simply allowed 4 blocks for you to enter your wishes. Each block will hold a maximum of 400 characters, so, if you fill one up, simply go to the next, and so on.

<><>

So far, I have received only 25 responses.

Only two negative comments: one by a classmate who has never been to a reunion, and was upset with me for not posting notices of her parents and brothers obituaries [this is something I do when I know about them], and I explained to the classmate in a private message that I have to be told by someone about these deaths to know about them/to post them, and the second negative comment [which I found out yesterday it was meant as teasing me] was they could do without the music, which is simply our Alma Mater, followed by the Fight Song automatically playing when someone goes to our home page.

Steve

p.s. - I will be happy to share the comments with you in a private msg if you like.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM - Response #3

Steve,
If you don't mind sharing, I could see the general attitudes that I might be looking at on our site. I asked the question specifically because I do not want to lead anyone. We have our 50th coming up next year and it appears right now (after a survey) that it will be our most successful (47 responses out of 133).

Gwen,
You are right about stepping back to see the comments. I can't wait. I am leaning toward Steve's question and will share the results.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 2:06 AM - Response #4

Steve. Are your responses being shared with your classmates through the website or can only administrators see the responses you've received? I have also posted some surveys. My latest was about if my classmates would be interested in doing things with other classmates during none reunion years that fall in between two reunion years. For example, if you have a reunion in 2015 and your next reunion is in 2020, would you be interested in participating in events and activities in 2016 -2019? The questions explored what they wanted to do or pass on and why, etc...

Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM - Response #5

Good point, and thanks for asking your question Gary.

ALL members of the site can see the responses, but only administrators on the site can see WHO made the different responses.

Let me add, that there was one rather glaring negative comment, and a couple of the classmates 'reamed them out' so badly, that the 'offender' removed their comment.

Laughing

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.