ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

File Vault

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/20/09 08:28 PM Views: 1584 Replies: 7
Friday, November 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Probably had this asked a bunch but there seems to be some confusion with the file vault. If I use it on one page to upload docs, pics, etc, I would assume (probably incorrect) that it would show up when I edit another page to use a particular doc or pic. Are the items in different sub-directories?

Friday, November 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM - Response #1

Nope. It's an exact mirror on every editable page. Where you're possibly getting confused is there are really 2 file vaults. One intended just for pictures, and another intended for files.

Picture File Vault: Click the yellow image icon and then click the File Vault tab to access your picture File Vault.

Files File Vault: Click the chain link icon and then click the File Vault tab to access your files.

Both of the above behaviors work the same on every single editable page, and both will always show the exact same files.

Edited 11/20/09 11:36 PM
Friday, November 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM - Response #2

Thanks!! as always, you're on the ball!

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM - Response #3

Good question, George... I didn't know there were two file vaults until you asked... Thanks..

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 11:35 AM - Response #4

The PICTURE file vault will try to resize the photos that are uploaded.

The DOCUMENT file vault will keep any picture you upload at the uploaded size.

So if you want to have a thumbnail photo open up to a giant photo of your class, just upload the thumbnail photo to the PICTURE file vault and insert it and select it, then upload the giant photo to the DOCUMENT file vault (INSERT/EDIT LINK), then insert the link to the larger photo.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 12:25 AM - Response #5

I am trying to access my file vault with pictures but it will not open? I have changed my security settings to allow for pop-ups on this site....but no luck! Embarassed
Anyone, else have this problem with their virus protection programs? Or myabe it is not the my program?Confused
Is this an issue?Question

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM - Response #6

I tried your website and it worked fine. I would try with another browser. If it works for you with a different browser, then the problem is with your original browser. If this is the case, make sure you have your pop-up blocker so it allows popups from your website.

Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 12:46 PM - Response #7

Thank YOU so much it WAS MY internet explorer because as you suggested I tried Firefox and NO problem- thank YOU for your speedy reply! Wink

Edited 06/06/10 12:47 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.