ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music to accompany photo galleries

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/29/15 04:09 PM Views: 4391 Replies: 4
Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 4:09 PM

A while back I set up a few of our photo galleries with coordinated music. I haven't checked them in a while. When I did I discovered that when you click on "yes" to have music play while viewing the photos it does not play & I get a blank box. Was a change/deletion made to this feature that I have overlooked? QuestionQuestion

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 8:16 AM - Response #1

As a follow up to my 10/29 post..I now understand the music has disappeared from my photo gallery pages because it was created with music from Grooveshark. I have a Hypster playlist but I can't find a way to plug that in on Photo gallery pages.
Do I have to delete the empty "music boxes" currently on those gallery pages? If so, how?
Is this even an option anymore?

Thanks, John

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 12:07 PM - Response #2

Any music using Hypster can be replaced by a music/video player I made here LINK

You put the code in the CC editor using source mode. So any page that has the editor can have "music". That's how you put Grooveshark in there before. In source mode, remove the old code and replace with new.

Above links to a page that generates the code for you.

Make sure the current version of browsers are used - or at least within the last year or so Wink

Edit: updated 8/6/2021 to current links

Edited 08/06/22 6:58 PM
Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 7:48 AM - Response #3

Good morning Jack,

I am a new admin trying to solve a problem we are having with playing music with a photo gallery. I found your name on this earlier query regarding at least some aspect of music with galleries so I am addressing this to you. If you are not the right person for advice, I would appreciate your pointing me to the correct resource within Class Creator.

We have an existing photo gallery that has in the past had the option of playing music from a play list. This was set up by a former admin back in about 2012-2013. The option is no longer working because of the EOL situation with Adobe Flash. Some classmates have asked if it can be "turned back on" somehow. I have no knowledge about how Flash has been replaced. I went through a tutorial on galleries part 1 but can not find anything that gets into setting up a music play list or any issues associated with doing so. Do you know if there is a tutorial or set of instructions for dealing with music/flash replacement and so forth?

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Jerry Lummus
Web Admin
denison62.com
lummus.jerry@gmail.com

Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 6:56 PM - Response #4

Sorry, all that has been updated with new links and pretty complete documentation and examples.

Try this SITE FOR Current JVideoPayer docs that has a link to another page. I at first did only YouTube videos and added MP3 support. You can have any mix.

MP3 is the simplest.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.