ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Changing criteria to indicate Classmate is located

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/11/08 06:12 PM Views: 1588 Replies: 1
Friday, July 11, 2008 at 6:12 PM

I have set up a site for our 20-year reunion using ClassCreator.com and have received nothing but positive feedback. It was very easy to set up and has been a breeze to maintain. However, I do have a question. In the event a class member does not have email (this is Oklahoma, ya know?), how can I complete an individual's profile to indicate they have been located? I have address, phone, etc. but no way to complete their profile without an email.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

J.T. Davis
Glenpool High School Class of 1989 Site Admin

Friday, July 11, 2008 at 6:14 PM - Response #1

You don't need to complete their Profile. In fact you shouldn't, because if you do that, you'll stop the Classmate from getting to his or her own Profile should they find your site in the future.

What you need to do is click on Manage Classmates, and then click on the Enter/Edit Classmates manually button. Then you can click both the Details Link and the Profile link next to the Classmate's name and fill in all the information you want. You can also click the Photos link if you wish, and upload photos on behalf of your Classmate.

Finally, if you want to show the details you are entering on behalf of the Classmate, just click on Manage Classmates, and then select the second radio button at the top of the page, which tells the Class Creator system to show all Classmates' Profiles details even if Classmates have not actually joined your web site.

Note: Once you have done this, you can also tell Class Creator to use different criteria for what constitutes a Missing Classmate. To do this click on Edit Site Pages, and then click the Edit button next to your Missing Classmate's page. You have 4 different options there to tell Class Creator what you consider a Missing Classmate to be.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.