ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Feedback on Web Store for logo items

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/04/14 03:43 PM Views: 999 Replies: 9
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM

We've been contemplating logo items for some time and with our 50th reunion coming up decided to bite the bullet. We didn't want to order items then sell them unless we had to. Fortunately we found an outfit called SSA stores (ssastores.com) that has a bunch of clothing plus all sorts of accessories that can be customized with your own logo and in a bunch of different colors that you control. They handle the ordering, payment, and shipping and we get a 20% commission. You have to customize your web store after they set it up, which isn't really difficult. Ordering and shipping is quick. They even have a banner creator to link their website and you can see details on orders and commissions. Would definitely recommend them.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 7:18 PM - Response #1

Sounds good...are you selling them on your site now????

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM - Response #2

Yes, the banner link is at http://www.rbuhs64.com/Logowear.htm. The banner itself was generated at the store site. The link takes you to the store so you can see how the ordering process goes along with our logo.

Edited 06/04/14 8:09 PM
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 9:53 PM - Response #3

My only question is the copyright issues. Are these logo's copyright protected by the school?

Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 1:15 AM - Response #4

One note of caution: we were about do the same type of thing with a company that had done onsite Tee Shirt sales for one of the school's youth sports clubs. The owner had a very good pitch about her services and it sounded like just what we wanted to do. Fortunately, I talked to the youth's event organizer to get his opinion of working with her. He said the sports club had never gotten a dime from her, as she claimed she had done hardly any business that day and she would have to charge mileage for her 110 mile trip. When I told him I had talked to her for over 30 minutes after standing in line at least that long to purchase shirts and her 3 employees were working non-stop selling merchandise. Returning several times to that area throughout the event, I only saw no line at the end of the event. She told me she had had a very good day! Almost a year later, she had paid nothing and was claiming she made nothing.

We chose to sell our own shirts & gear, ordering only prepaid merchandise and did well. This was for our All School Reunion involving a potential for 1000 people. We had over 600 and several non-registered alumni purchased merchandise.

Edited 06/05/14 1:17 AM
Friday, June 6, 2014 at 4:49 PM - Response #5

No problem here!

All orders can be viewed online to see what people ordered, shipping details including tracking, current commission status, etc. To date, orders have generally taken 2-3 days to get out the door. Commission checks are mailed I believe every two weeks.

Support for the site has been great, the longest response took 2 days, and the website was available in less than a week, our configuration took another week, and changes that we requested took 3 days. Types of items are huge, and pricing is competitive. Being online, we could run a sample order and receive items before ever turning the site on, and that went just fine.

Caveat emptor. That's why I passed along something that works!

Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 11:33 PM - Response #6

Hi Mark,
I have questions about the items:
1. What items did you choose?
2. What did you believe to be the quality of the items?
3. Upon receiving the items, is the quality as good as you expected or better?
4. Cost. What is the cost to the buyer and what is the amount paid to your class?

In addition:
A. Do you have a 501(c)3?
B. Have you had a lawyer check the legality of this or are you just going on what the site says?

I'm interested but I prefer to touch, hold and wear or use a sample of an item prior to throwing things out there to my members. They trust me and I want to give them the best possible for the best price to them.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your input. Smile

Edited 06/21/14 11:34 PM
Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 12:06 AM - Response #7

Lots of good questions!

1) The have lots of items. I only turned off some of the things like kids clothes. Mens and womens items include sweathshirs and pants, many types of t-shirts, polos, etc. Accessories include water bottles, caps, packs, stadium seats, scarves, and blankets. Lots of colors and you can use your own logo. One thing to watch out is that each embroidery logo has a setup fee of $45, but the standard ones are free.
2) Quality and price were a huge issue. I ordered an item to check things out ahead of time. Echoing others, incredible selection, reasonable/competitive prices even with the 20% commission, and very good quality items and workmanship. Absolutely no complaints here.
3) I would have to say better than expected. Great quality on the logos.
4) Cost - answered that above. Simple T's are about $16, embroidered polos are about $37 if memory serves. If you follow the link you should actually be able to see the store.

A.B. No lawyer check. Our class knows about the commission. Our class owns the class website and the committee approved the whole thing. Yes to the non-profit status. The commission goes to funding reunions and those that can't afford to pay to go.

Again, ordered items before opening up to the class. I would think this would be prudent to at least check the logo. (We actually have 4 different logos that we did.)

Mark

Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM - Response #8

Thanks for the quick and complete replies, Mark.

So now I ask why your (single year) class went through the work for a 501(c)3 non-profit status. In what state is it held?

Pardon my many questions. I've had many of these on my mind recently as I begin to work on a few things. I really appreciate your openness. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 1:54 PM - Response #9

Sorry to be slow in responding. Nonprofit status was done to handle sales of items for those that couldn't afford to attend the reunions and to support the website. California is the state.

As to the status of how things are going, people are very happy with being able to order when they want, paying and receiving items directly, quality and selection and price, and being able to configure items as they want (color and logo). You are welcome to look at the website to see the items, configuration, etc:Your text to link here...

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.