ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates Search Function

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/15/10 02:17 AM Views: 1729 Replies: 9
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 2:17 AM

In working w/ MC tonight I am having a challenge.

It does not matter what name I enter in the search block ~ NO matches are found. I have logged out then in again with the same results. If I choose a name that is displayed on the MC screen, the system stills shows "No results found matching that text."

What am I missing?

I am using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 3:25 AM - Response #1

Do you have the Year dropdown set to "All", or do you have it set on a specific class year?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 3:38 AM - Response #2

attempted it both ways

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM - Response #3

It's working fine for me. Just curious, is it not working in more than one browser? E.G. if you normally use Internet Explorer, is it also not working in Firefox? I'm wondering if something got changed on your primary browser.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 1:03 AM - Response #4

I already am shy on hair (pulling out what is left) ~ I am not getting good results with either FF or IE

attempted with year set to all and then to a particular class

I just went back and read the inst again - Enter the first few letters of the first or last name:

When I enter a letter or two it brings up some CM however as I add characters to find a particular CM I get
No results found matching that text.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just called a Classmate and asked them to do a search using Missing CM and their results were like mine

Is it that I do not understand what should happen or that I have a hidden switch set improperly.

I am under the assumption (and I do understand I should not assume) that I can enter a name to find in the search block [instead of scrolling thru the entire list - we have several hundred on the ML] and the name will pop up if they are on the Missing list. Is that a proper assumption? or should I just scroll thru the list.

Thanks for working to get me straight . . .

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 2:05 AM - Response #5

OH my my my my... It's always the little things. When I read your initial post "In working w/ MC tonight" what I read in my mind was "In working w/ Manage Classmates tonight." MC could mean either thing. So I went to your site and tried to duplicate your problem using the Manage Classmates area, and you're in the Missing Classmates area....

Now that I actually see what you're doing, yes, it's broken. I have no idea why, but your Missing Classmates search appears to be searching NON Missing Classmates instead. That's very strange. Will need to have a Programmer look at this, hang tight please.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 2:59 AM - Response #6

I thought I was going bonkers ~ oh well so much for abbreviations and I do not even twitter at all or text any more than I have to

THX and don't put too much programming into this ~ other items most likely more important . . .

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 8:06 AM - Response #7

MC could also mean MESSAGE CENTER. Message Center also has a SEARCH BOX.

I think you need to be more specific.

OOPS - If I just read a little better - the TITLE says "Missing Classmates".

Edited 09/16/10 9:40 AM
Monday, September 20, 2010 at 8:38 PM - Response #8

Fixed.

Monday, September 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM - Response #9

THX and it works very well . . .

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.