ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help!!!

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/27/10 08:45 AM Views: 1396 Replies: 5
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I am the administrator for our website and not the least bit computer savvy. I want this website to be a hit w/ our classmates but not sure how to even begin.

Here's what I want:

1. Playlist
2. Reunion Countdown
3. Yearbook scanned
4. Past Reunion Photos scanned.

Here's what I've accomplished:

1. All classmates added and as much info into the profiles as possible based on past classmate list.

So, if someone's able to help me w/ the Here's what I want list, that would be great. I've gone to the third party sites and I don't understand any of it. It does not appear user friendly!!

We have a meeting tomorrow evening and I would really love to show the website live w/ some pretty cool stuff on it!!!!

Thanks so much,

Penny

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM - Response #1

Have you looked at the FAQs page? It gives directions on how to do some of the 3rd party stuff?

http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM - Response #2

First thing I would do is contact the library at your high school. It is very possible they have a scanned version of your yearbook which would save you a lot of work.

I know my high school would sell us a scanned version for $10, which I feel is a bargain and would save you a ton of time.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM - Response #3

Specifically, under the FAQs : http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html#Building Question 20.

Also, use the Search function of the Help Forums to locate more information on most of these topics.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM - Response #4

Hi Penny -
I'm not computer savvy either but I did all of what's on your list and surprised myself to no end! I used playlist.com for the music. Check out the FAQs here on classmates, they helped a lot. I used Blixy.com for the countdown clock. There are others out there but I had the best luck with Blixy. Unfortunately, I scanned each and every one of our senior class photos individually and added to their profile pages. If you want to do your whole yearbook, I would suggest using slide.com and make a yearbook photo session there. For an example, check out Vandalia-Butler Class of 1963's home page. She has done a great job. Hope this helps. Good luck. There's lot of help here and don't be afraid to ask.
Brenda Windel
Vandalia Butler Class of 1964

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM - Response #5

Pamela "Penny" Neil wrote:

I am the administrator for our website and not the least bit computer savvy. I want this website to be a hit w/ our classmates but not sure how to even begin.... Penny

Hi Penny:

Check your email at your website. I sent you a message.

John Chidester

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.