ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Windows 8

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/03/13 02:43 PM Views: 1480 Replies: 8
Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Hi from Kernersville. I recently purchased a new computer- which has Windows 8. Since then - I've been unsuccessful in changing the size of pics uploaded to the homepage using the Image properties option. I'm able to get the pop up box and put in the new size I want -- but I'm unable to save the changes. Please look into this issue. thanks much

Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM - Response #1

For IE10, use Tools and set Compatibility view. Firefox works without any changes.

Could be some other options too - but it works for me. I couldn't get the Image Properties to come up without turning on Compatibility, so not sure how you got that far?

Maybe you are using some other browser?

Edited 01/03/13 2:55 PM
Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM - Response #2

I'm still having different experiences with Windows 8. Looking forward to response to my earlier post from CC.

Newest issue surfaced: I posted a message on the message forum, and then wanted to delete it. there is NOT a delete option Help...............

Thanks
Irma

Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM - Response #3

Have you tried clicking on the "Edit Message" and then highlight your text (text, photos, whatever) and delete?

Monday, January 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM - Response #4

Windows 8 doesn't give me the option...which is why I've written,and am hoping to hear back from CC. I've been a Root Admin for almost 5 years. It's only been since my New Year's purchase of a new laptop w/ Windows 8 that is resulting in a few, new (negative) experiences

Monday, January 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM - Response #5

That's a browser IE10 issue, not Windows 8. Maybe you have an old version of IE10 since it works on my Windows8/IE10 system? I have the delete and edit options on the lower right. Could also be an option in tools you need to change or you have some addon that is interfering?

Click on Help and then About. My version of IE10 is

with this security update

The only thing I've noticed is that some features only work if compatibility view is turned on. You might try that too.

What I'd do is try Firefox or Chrome and see how they behave.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM - Response #6

I am using IE10 on Win8 right now to answer this, in IE10 Standards mode (not Compatibility View), and I just loaded a page on efhs1973.com and changed an image display size by a couple of pixels in the page editor, and then saved it and reloaded it to check that the change was saved and everything worked exactly as it should.

This is a brand new, virtually unmodified installation of Windows 8. If you are having trouble then it is very likely a setting somewhere on your system. The most common problem if you are saving changes and then not seeing the changes you made is that your web browser is showing you a cached copy of the pre-edit version of your page, and you need to refresh the page in the browser when viewing any page you have just edited.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM - Response #7

Not the same problem described. That's only if you directly use the image editor. If you RIGHT CLICK, the popup menu is NOT complete (and positioned incorrectly). It's MISSING several options, not the least of which is Image Properties. That's the problem I described. The popup will only be correct in Compatibility view.

Since most users will be running the stock settings (not compatibility), there needs to be some code added in various places to check for IE10 since there are some other oddities here and there. Most serious one is the File Vault display. That also won't work unless Compatibility is enabled.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM - Response #8

Looking forward to learning how to resolve my issue. Nothing changes when I hit the compatibility setting. I'm pretty technically challenged and might not be following the instruction. all I know is that I still can not edit or delete a message in the Message forum.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.