ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Change to default para for Missing Classmates

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/02/11 04:45 PM Views: 1334 Replies: 7
Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I'm trying to change the default language that appears in the Missing Members (Classmates) box on my home page.
I have gone Edit Site Pages / Edit Missing Classmates and then entered the wording I want, but it does not reflect on the Home page box.

How can I get this to work?

Thanks

Michael

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 8:36 PM - Response #1

Michael,

What is the text you are seeing and what is the text you want?

Also, what website are you talking about? Is it BowenBEAT?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM - Response #2

Kyle,
The website is BowenBEAT.net

The wording in the Homepage box is Know the address of a missing Member? Enter it below and an invite to our site will automatically be sent.

The text that I entered in the edit box of Missing Classmates is:
Do you want to invite a fellow Bowen Islander to join this site? Then please follow these instructions below.

I would also like to change the heading of the box to "New Members" rather than missing members - is that possible?

Michael

Edited 02/02/11 9:16 PM
Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 9:23 PM - Response #3

OK, you are talking about two different things.

1. The Right-side module, called "Missing Members". This module is AS-IS. Nothing about it can change. You can deactivate it if you want, but that is about it.

2. The "Missing Classmates" under Edit Site Pages, Edit Missing Classmates Page is not talking about the right-side module, but a page on your website called "Missing Classmates" or as you have renamed it "Missing Members". The text you have entered "Do you want to invite a fellow Bowen Islander to join this site? Then please follow these instructions below." does appear on that page.

You can find your Missing Members link on the left-side menus, 3rd down, right below "The HARD Truths"

The word "Member" and "Members" changes to what you want it called. This setting is found in PREFERENCES. (you have already found this because it used to be called "Classmate" and "Classmates".)

Monday, March 7, 2011 at 2:37 PM - Response #4

Is it possible to change the title "Missing Classmates" (left menu) to "Unregistered Classmates". We're having a little issue regarding the definition of "Missing"

Thanks,
Mike

Monday, March 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM - Response #5

No, it isn't possible to change that name at this time. Later this year, the module that will allow you to rename all of the left-side links will be released. You cannot rename it until that time.

Monday, March 7, 2011 at 5:01 PM - Response #6

Thanks. I'd like to suggest that in the coming update we have the possibility of two lists - one called missing classmates with the definitions used now, and one called unregistered classmates which is always option 1 under the current definitions.
Mike

Monday, March 7, 2011 at 5:07 PM - Response #7

OK, I added your suggestion to the WishList.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.