ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Sorting Announcements

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/07/08 03:21 PM Views: 1319 Replies: 5
Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Hi Brad and team, Couldn't find where this was asked before. Could you please make it possible to sort the order of announcements without going to each one to change the number?
If I add a new announcement that I want to be one or two, and I have 7 announcements, that's seven pages I have to edit one at a time. Unless there's an easier way I'm not aware of.
Thanks Brad et al, for all you do.

Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 4:45 PM - Response #1

On Task List already. We'll be making changes to Announcement sorting, sorting of home page module boxes, and link sorting site wide when we get to this. For now you'll need to continue editing each Announcement to set the sort order.

Monday, December 8, 2008 at 7:23 AM - Response #2

A little trick for you, after having the same problem, I decided to make it a bit easier on myself, by ordering the announcements in increments of ten, so if I have ten announcements my first one is #10 and the last is #100, that way I don't have to renumber them all. If I want to add an announcement between the first and second one, i would number it #15, just in case i need to add another one. Hope this helps, it works for me.

Johanne

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 10:25 PM - Response #3

Great idea, thanks. One thing I was doing is when an announcement expired I don't delete it, just leave it inactive and save the space then just rename for new announcement. The problem was it wasn't always in the spot I wanted the new one to be, so your idea is much better.
Also thanks Brad for your response.
Joy

Edited 12/10/08 10:27 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:08 AM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

On Task List already. We'll be making changes to Announcement sorting...

Another wonderful feature deployed! Thanks!Very Happy

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 11:12 AM - Response #5

Most welcome. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.