ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Font size on Gallery Photo titles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/05/16 05:20 PM Views: 1261 Replies: 12
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Is there a way to increase the size of the titles or remarks that are displayed with the photos in a photo gallery? The default size is hard for us oldsters to read.
Anyone? Thanks so much.

Friday, April 8, 2016 at 4:47 PM - Response #1

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Friday, April 8, 2016 at 4:51 PM - Response #2

There are no controls to do so. However, you could opt to use your built in browser magnification to make the entire site larger on your screen.

Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 8:30 AM - Response #3

Can you please either increase the default font size for photo galleries - or allow admins to set the font size required?

Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 8:43 AM - Response #4

Cedric, thank you for the suggestion to CC. To set the default to a larger font seems like a simple interim fix, while you work on adding the ability for the admin to set the font size. I believe we used to have this ability, did we not? I seem to recall when I added photos for our 50th reunion, I was able to make the comments right on the photo and could select the size and maybe even the color of the comment? Am I recalling that correctly? Scott?

Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 12:25 PM - Response #5

Here's a "fix" for the gallery font size. Put this code in Preferences in the Google Analytics section. Change to the font size you want.

Trivia: You can also put custom HTML inside of the gallery description area - including other images Wink

Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 4:47 AM - Response #6

This sounds great! Excuse my ignorance Jack - but how do you do what you've suggested?

Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 12:46 PM - Response #7

On your admin page there's a section called Preferences where you set various options for your class.

Scroll to the bottom till you get to a section called "ADVANCED SITE TRACKING WITH GOOGLE ANALYTICS
"

Paste the code above into that section and "Save Preferences".

Monday, April 11, 2016 at 9:00 AM - Response #8

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd really rather have a solution that doesn't require knowing or using HTML.

Monday, April 11, 2016 at 7:40 PM - Response #9

Hope it helps somebody else.

"HTML" is there all the time in any and all 'web' pages, For example, your home page using GIFS from other sites is done via HTML.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 2:10 AM - Response #10

Jack, it did help someone else and I've got it noted in my own personal Administrator's How to Do It page. Thanks!

Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 1:11 PM - Response #11

I figured out and replied to her yesterday one a different thread. She had been using the older version of the Image Editor when she added text to her images. That allowed her to make the text larger and add it directly onto the image. I showed her how the new Photo Editor also has this capability.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 3:58 PM - Response #12

Yup, photo editor does put text on an image - although that was not the original question Smile

It could be more convenient though to allow the gallery text area to have a variable font size. Pretty simple task and way easier for a user vs modifying each image.

Putting the text on a photo sort of destroys the photo for any future work since not only is it fixed, very inflexible but also obscures the image Idea

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.