ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uninvited Guest Member

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/07/10 10:47 AM Views: 1441 Replies: 3
Monday, June 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Someone I do not know joined my site last night as a guest member. I intend to delete his profile, but am curious how he was able to join and add a profile without me adding his name first. Is there a security setting that I have missed?

Edited 06/07/10 11:29 AM
Monday, June 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM - Response #1

You will want to go the Preferences link in the left navigation and scroll down to NEW CLASSMATE VERIFICATION.

Select the radio button that starts off with... DO NOT ALLOW...

You can also read more about the classmate verification feature and "hijacking" at the following link in the FAQs: http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html#hijacking

Note: Whenever a Classmate changes their name, the Root Admin is emailed a name change notification. We do this just in case the person is hijacking the name.

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 11:41 AM - Response #2

Thank you for your quick response.. Does this mean that if I do not turn on NEW CLASSMATE VERIFICATION, anyone could add a new profile to my site?

My "hijacker" did not use a non-registered classmate's name - he added his name. I thought I had to add someone's name before they could join.

Monday, June 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM - Response #3

Not sure how that could have happened. Our system should have required you to approve the classmate to be added to the system if they were not part of the list you had prepared as being one of your classmates. Anyone who is not listed as a classmate by you, would be default need to be approved to be added to the system.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.