ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Non-classmate To In Memory

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/14/10 08:46 PM Views: 1713 Replies: 11
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 8:46 PM

We have a few former Classmates that did not graduate with us, that are deceased. I have been asked to try and enter them into the In Memory section of our site, where I would also include an obituary. Do I need to create a Profile page for them to make this happen?

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM - Response #1

You don't really need a Profile Page, but you do need to create a Guest record for them before you can mark them as In Memory.

Go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then ADD Classmate. Then on the DETAILS page, choose GUEST (or Display on Class list if they went to school at all with you). Then after you have an entry in your classmate list, just go to Edit Site Pages, Edit In Memory, then choose this classmate in the drop-down and click ADD TO IN MEMORY LIST.

In my opinion, if they ever went to school with you (even if they didn't graduate), they should be included as a CLASSMATE. But others might think differently.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM - Response #2

I agree with Kyle. We did add as classmates those who moved away and graduated elsewhere and those who for various reasons didn't graduate. They were friends and classmates over many years. That said we were a small town of 14,000 and only had 97 in our graduating class, plus another 81 in the additional group, much smaller than many of yours. We treated them as classmates on our website and added them where necessary to the In Memory section trying to include their obituary, cause of death, burial location and a photo of their gravemarker. I know some will not agree with giving the cause of death but it's always a question that arises so we included it where known. We had auto accidents, cancer, murder, suicide. Of course, should a family member object we would delete that information but as yet no problems.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM - Response #3

Agree with Kyle also,

I have classmates that are very active, and coming to our reunion that were last in school with us in 7th or 8th grade, and moved away before graduating.

Some of them, usually those who left school as Sophomore or Junior, are extremely active.

If they went to school with our year group, they are a classmate.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 7:44 AM - Response #4

YUP! - our rule is IF you graduated or SHOULD HAVE graduated with us - regardless of circumstance - you are a part of the class if you wish.

Edited 09/15/10 12:35 PM
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 11:18 AM - Response #5

Ditto..here...there are classmates as long as they went to school..whether they moved or transferred to a private school..etc etc. Wink

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 6:53 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Kyle. You always know the right things to say. You guys must get tired of answering the same questions over and over again, but you probably don't get tired of the many thank yous, and the "you da man".

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 6:58 PM - Response #7

Thanks for you comment Bill, I was also in the Marine Corps. I agree about the cause of death thing. It is the first thing people want to know, so why not include it if you have that information. We are also letting in Classmates from other classes as well as those who went to school with us, but did not graduate with us. Best regards, Edd

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM - Response #8

Thanks for your comment. I don't know how you had time to enter it and keep all of the pups appropriately entertained. We have 3 Pomeranians. If it is hard for us to pet 3 at a time, you really have a job. Edd

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM - Response #9

Thanks for your comment. We are pretty much going the same route as you. It will just be more fun for everyone. Edd

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM - Response #10

Thanks, Darlene. We had already begun to sign up as Guests, those that went to school with us at practically any time, but I was not certain as to how to get the deceased signed up. Anyway, Kyle has got me headed in the right direction on that, and all of the comments to my query have been pretty much, let any former classmate in, except maybe some psycho. Edd

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM - Response #11

Edd Clark wrote:

Thanks for your comment. I don't know how you had time to enter it and keep all of the pups appropriately entertained. We have 3 Pomeranians. If it is hard for us to pet 3 at a time, you really have a job. Edd

LOL, OK, dog discussions!!! I have 6, each with their own heated beds for the evening. EXCEPT the doberman that insists sleeping on my feet. Also, have a miniature doberman, a St Charles Cavalier, 2 Golden Retirevers, and a Springer Spaniel.

Don't get me started on the 7 Goats, and about 10 outdoor cats (2 aare indoor).

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.