ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

announcements..Can't see them

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/03/11 03:12 AM Views: 1109 Replies: 3
Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 3:12 AM

I hope this is not another redundant question about announcements, but here I go......I tried to do a 'test" announcement and activated it, I refreshed my browser,but when I got back onto the homepage, I did not see the announcement anywhere, as I looked all the way down the page.
Where would this announcement placement be? Over by the "Birthdays," or "Where are they now", over to the right?

I also noticed the link for celebrity Birthdays is no longer valid either, no big deal, so I unchecked that box. thx

Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 8:26 AM - Response #1

You don't have any announcements displaying.

Look at your Edit SIte Pages, Edit Home Page. Notice that in the CONTENT AREA, both checkboxes next to Announcements are not checked. This means that no matter which announcements are checked on your EDIT ANNOUNCEMENTS page, nothing will display.

On the Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page, Edit Announcements page, you don't have any announcements active. Maybe you went back in and changed the announcement that was active to be inactive.

Announcements are always placed in the CONTENT AREA, not the RIGHT SIDE MODULES area.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 11:08 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle,
I did turn them OFF, because when I activated a TEST announcement, and logged back in,or refreshed my Home page, I did not even see the 'TEST' in the content area(as you probably noticed under all the inactivated announcements)So that's why you did not see it when you looked. I tried this in the early morning when less people on.

Kyle, While I have you here.
In the "Statistics", it shows how many people visit the site during each month, when it only climbs to 10, that applies to only ten people,but does the amount show higher than ten at any particular time....Like if 25 peeps get on, will that show as well? Thank you!

Friday, November 4, 2011 at 8:48 AM - Response #3

So, I guess the ANNOUNCEMENT issue is resolved.

The Statistics page shows unique visitors over a 24 hour period. The list of classmates in the statistics section shows the classmates who have logged in for the past 30 days. Yes, if 25 login, it will show all 25 of them.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.