ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Birthday not displayed

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/05/18 06:08 PM Views: 865 Replies: 9
Monday, February 5, 2018 at 6:08 PM

I've heard from Jean Blanton, who is a member of the Wachovia Old Gang website (www.wachoviaoldgang.com) Her birthday is Feb 12 and is not displayed on the birthday list. I've verified that the option to display the birthday is properly checked. Please help me figure out what action is needed to get it to show. Jean is one of the oldest members of our site (she's turning 89 and she very much wants other members to see her birthday listed>

Thanks
Irma Comer

Monday, February 5, 2018 at 11:00 PM - Response #1

I believe this has been discussed before, that the only way an individual's birthday shows on the birthday list is if the individual input their birthday when they built their profile. If an administrator input the birthday, which often happens, the birthday will not show on the birthday list. Do you know for sure that Jean input her birthday? If you're not sure, I'd delete her birthday and have her input it.

Edited 02/06/18 12:30 PM
Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 1:02 PM - Response #2

Scott - Thank you. That is correct. Our system recognizes that if the admin as entered the birthdate information rather than the member, that the member did not volunteer that info to be displayed.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 1:32 PM - Response #3

Quite a coincidence, but this came up to me just a few days ago. The classmate's profile showed the birth date and the box was checked but nothing was shown on the birthday list. I don't know if I or another admin put in her birth date or she did. No way to tell.
In my humble opinion, I don't like the idea that an admin can't put in the birth date. We have quite a few classmates that just aren't computer people so we do a lot of work helping them get personal info into their profile pages. Age is a factor here.
I wish this could be changed someway. Quite frankly, I don't how we will correct the dates we added, except when someone complains, since it's unknown who put them in that I can tell. Sad

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 1:44 PM - Response #4

Dan, I sympathize with your situation, but whether a birthday is displayed on the birthday list is a privacy concern for some classmates. Walking the ones who have computer difficulties through the steps to input their birthday and check the box, "Allow classmates to view my birthday" does not seem too much to ask of them, in my opinion.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 2:25 PM - Response #6

It probably would help if a note was added under where the birth date is entered that states that only the classmate can enter the birth date for it to show up on the list. Or, a note that indicates that the birth date was added by an admin on a particular date, Or, better yet, both.
Adding a birth date doesn't seem like a big privacy issue to me but it is what it is, I guess.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 3:45 PM - Response #7

Hi all. Before I wrote to CC - I did confirm that the member did indeed have their profile set to display the birthday. Before writing, I also looked at upcoming Feb birthdays --and didn't seen her name. However, I failed to click on "SEE MORE (my site has over 1,000 members............ there are a lot of Feb birthdays)
When I clicked today on the "SEE MORE" -- I was able to confirm back to Jean that her birthday will 'eventually' be displayed.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 4:24 PM - Response #8

I appreciate the reminder, that i don't remember seeing this before. I had someone ask why their name wasn't shown on the birthday list. I thought it didn't show on their list but everyone else sees it. Now who was it that asked me that question? I need to have here enter her birthday just in case I had added it who knows when???

kk

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.