ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

hyperlinks to other web sites

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/30/08 01:34 AM Views: 2348 Replies: 12
Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 1:34 AM

It would be nice to specify a hyperlink to open a new browser window instead of navigating the browser to the site the user clicked on. That way the user could close the second browser window when finished and still be at their class web site

Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 2:01 AM - Response #1

You can do that. On the link, in your code, just add this:

target="_blank"

Here's how a whole link would look:

Click here for page in new window.

Because the editor provides direct access to your code, you can do anything you want using html.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 2:06 AM - Response #2

thank you

Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 2:53 PM - Response #3

Thanks...I needed that!

Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 11:02 PM - Response #4

Does this still work?
I have tried it in Firefox as well as Explorer, and I guess I am not understanding where to insert

Target=_blank"

in the hyperlink

http://www.classcreator.com/Freeport-TX-Brazosport-1970/1-Song-When-You-Were-Born.htm

I have tried at the beginning and at the end of the hyperlink to no avail.
I am going to go out on a limb here, and speculate that I am missing something very obvious! LOL

Thanks!

Monday, May 25, 2015 at 12:15 AM - Response #5

See this LINK for various options.

Brad forgot to put it in code tags so it was not visible here. This is how it looks for you

Monday, May 25, 2015 at 5:07 PM - Response #6

I've tried this, as well, and it isn't working for me, either. The message ends up displaying all the HTML tags and all, rather than active links.

Monday, May 25, 2015 at 5:13 PM - Response #7

Which page do you want me to look at to see your code to see if you are doing it wrong?

Monday, May 25, 2015 at 7:20 PM - Response #8

I am preparing for our reunion.
I have not created the page yet for the announcements.

I want to use the 'links' in the editor to allow this hyperlink:

http://www.tourtexas.com/brazosport/brazosport_accomm.cfm

to open a NEW window , leaving the website window 'in the background'

I don't understand where I am supposed to put this:
target="_blank" {as in response #1 above}

I could not get Brad's example:

Click here for page in new window.

To work for me.
I KNOW how to use the 'linking' icon.

Thanks!

Monday, May 25, 2015 at 8:55 PM - Response #9

If you know how to use the LINKS button of the editor, you can just use the TARGET tab and choose one of the options on that page. One of the options is NEW TAB and another option is NEW WINDOW.

Monday, May 25, 2015 at 9:09 PM - Response #10

Needs to be in Editor SOURCE mode (or use the Target Kyle noted - I always do it manually and forgot about that SurprisedopsSmile. This is handy to know anyway since sooner or later Source mode is required.

Click the upper left icon in the editor. Now it shows the actual HTML text which is what my example is showing. If you just paste in the text shown in regular/visual mode, it just shows the raw text. Click Source again to go back to the visual mode.

You can create the primary link using the "link" icon in the editor, then go into source mode and put the target="_blank" after the link data. Put a space before target characters. Should look just like the example I gave.

Test with preview.

HAL SCOGGINS wrote:

I've tried this, as well, and it isn't working for me, either. The message ends up displaying all the HTML tags and all, rather than active links.

Edited 05/25/15 9:11 PM
Monday, May 25, 2015 at 11:17 PM - Response #11

O.K. gentlemen - I THINK I final have it.
The 'TARGET' you mentioned is visible in the 'link' window when you click on it, the two 'links'.
{I am pretty 'simple minded' and did not see that before.}
That is NOT clear [at least to me] in the ORIGINAL part of this 'thread.'

To clarify for OTHERS who may read this 'thread,'
The TARGET mentioned above appears when you click the 'link' which is the third from the left hand end of the second line of the 'Editor'

I revert to my earlier question however [for clarity for others] - in Brad's response #1 above,
'Click here for page in new window.'
does NOT work for me.
[I see this as a 'problem' for others who do not read the ENTIRE 'thread' - can it be altered to work?]

Thanks, I THINK I have it now!

Monday, May 25, 2015 at 11:28 PM - Response #12

I think this is caused because the original is an old topic/response.

Brad's statement made me think of source mode modification. Editor has been improved in several areas since then ( 2008 ). This is probably one of them.

There are quite a few old topics that no longer are valid. Same thing with 'documentation'.

Brad Switzer wrote:

Because the editor provides direct access to your code, you can do anything you want using html.

Edited 05/25/15 11:28 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.