ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PayPal and credit cards

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/01/16 08:45 PM Views: 1101 Replies: 2
Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 8:45 PM

I am not a Paypal user so the answer to this questions is probably obvious to most people. The last reunion we did not use Paypal. In the new event planner on the ClassCreator video it starts out by setting up a Paypal method of accepting payments. On one of the last screens it shows PayPal with M/C, Visa, Amex and Discover below it so I assume that you can use a credit card with Paypal? In the event planner it says that you cannot use both -- it has to be one or the other.

If it is true that you can use a credit card under the Paypal option then are the fees doubled -- one for Paypal and one for the credit card?

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 10:08 PM - Response #1

Jim,

PayPal is a credit card processing system. If you use PayPal, they will process the credit card and charge you their fee. There is no additional fee from the system. If you use the ClassCreator internal credit card processing, then ClassCreator would charge their fee.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 12:18 AM - Response #2

Here are my 2 cents. When I was comparing reunion websites,one of the reasons I chose Class Creator because of its event processing system. You can choose to use their credit card processing OR you can choose to use PayPal, which in itself will process credit cards if the person doesn't have or chooses not to use their PayPal account. No additional processing fees, no waiting to get your money, etc.

If you opt to go the PayPal route, the processing fees (for each event "transaction") are deducted from your available funds, kind of like bank fees. Before you have a heart attack, the fees are VERY reasonable compared to some sites / event planners out there. Find one of your pals that uses PayPal, and get them to walk you through it.

Now, setting it up does require a "business" PayPal account, but I did not find that extra step too difficult. Pretty straight forward following the directions posted on this site.

Lastly, you can always go the old school route and have people send checks.

Hope this helps.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.