ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Link name

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/01/09 04:55 PM Views: 1395 Replies: 6
Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I have uploaded a PDF to FileVault. When I insert it on a page, it has the following link name -
000/0/9/5/10590/userfiles/file/ClassDirectory.pdf
It opens the PDF perfectly. Is there a way for me to rename the link that is displayed on the page to simply ClassDirectory?

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:05 PM - Response #1

Yes, just type in "Class Directory" instead of the actual link address itself. I.E. backspace it out and just type it in. The only thing that matters is you don't change the actual syntax of the link itself. The verbiage can be anything you want it to be though.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:07 PM - Response #2

Edit the contents of the page you want the link on. Type "Class Directory" on the contents page you want to have the link for the PDF. Select the words "Class Directory" . Click on the INSERT/EDIT LINK, click on File Vault. Choose the pdf file you want. Click INSERT. When you insert the link, it should just surround the words "Class Directory".

ANother way would be to insert the link like you normally do, then go to SOURCE and replace the default name of "/6/7/56/000/..." with "Class Directory". Make sure you leave the code alone and only change what is between the and codes.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM - Response #3

Brad...I went into edit on the page and backspaced out 000/0/9/5/10590/userfiles/file/ClassDirectory.pdf
I then keyed in Class Directory. It was no longer a clickable link.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM - Response #4

Revert back to the previous page. It may be easiest for you to do this in source view. In source view you'll see the link twice. The first instance of the link is the actual link itself, which you don't want to touch. The second instance of the link is what the user sees. Edit that one and change it to whatever you want.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM - Response #5

If you are to delete the old contents and aren't doing it in the SOURCE view of the editor, then it would be best to type in "Class Directory" before deleting the old contents because the editor might get confused.

I would type "Class Directory" in the middle of the link and then delete all of the other text that I don't want to display.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM - Response #6

After a couple of tries I got it. Thank you so much. One of my brain cells was on break and the other refused to work alone.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.