ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Id and reunion planning

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/18/10 11:49 AM Views: 1346 Replies: 3
Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM

1. Under Manage Classmate Profiles, can you show the Class Creator member_id as a READ ONLY field.
2. On the "Show Attendee" page, "ADD Reunion Attendee" can you add a field for member_id.
3. Use this to add the Reunion Registration/order record to a classmate who already has a profile.
4. If the field is empty when the UPDATE button is clicked, then create a record like you do now.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM - Response #1

The only issue I have with this is once you start displaying and utilizing member IDs in the functionality of the site itself for Admins, it starts becoming too complex. We could do exactly what you suggested above and you would no doubt understand it and utilize it right away. But how many other people would intuitively figure out you could tie an existing Profile to a manually-added new record by adding the member ID seen on the Manage Classmates page, thereby avoiding the creation of a brand new record not tied to anything?

Having said that, you're suggestion makes perfect sense. Instead of doing it by Member ID I think when an Admin is in the Show Attendees area, and they click the "Add Attendee" button, right there we need to create a Y in the road. We need to give them the option of selecting an existing Classmate from a dropdown list of Classmates, or the option of adding an Attendee who is not on the Class List at all like it works now. That we we achieve the same thing without having to make people look up Member IDs.

Whatcha think?

Edited 04/18/10 3:30 PM
Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM - Response #2

That would be great if we could see the id's without downloading a list.

I use your ID numbers in my database that I keep seperately. It is helpful for people with the same name

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM - Response #3

I like your solution Brad. It makes it easy for someone without a strong know of computers or databases to keep the system in sync.

Roy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.