ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

"In Memory" page sorting order

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/18/10 11:43 AM Views: 1319 Replies: 2
Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I have 25 deceased classmates, and no information about them. Gradually I am acquiring that information to include Year of Death.

I have only 'date enabled' 2 of the 25, but it seems to appear strangely for sorting order. First listed is 2003, second listed is 1972, then Unknown.

How can I make it sort by Year first, and within year by alphabetic order? Place Unknown at the end of course. Will this just happen when I get more information than 2 out of 25, or have I missed a setting?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:11 PM - Response #1

The In Memory page is sorted Alphabetically by name under each section (year or year unknown). The year is the YEAR OF DEATH, not the class graduating year. The years are sorted in reverse order with the current year being at the top and the Unknown Year at the bottom.

This is sorting just as you described and just as expected. I think it will look more normal when you assign more classmates to have years of death.

Edited 04/18/10 12:12 PM
Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:24 PM - Response #2

Ah! That makes a lot of sense. Yes, it will certainly be more clear as I get more information on them. Obviously, I was simply thinking 1972 at the top, but your description of how it works with most recent year at the top is better anyway.

Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.