ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion Planning - Reunion record management

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/18/10 11:41 AM Views: 1544 Replies: 5
Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 11:41 AM

We plan to keep our site going for the next 10 years so that people planning the next (50 year) reunion will not have to gather all the information again. We also plan to hold annual get events from now until then.

With this in mind, along with improving the the current system, I have the following suggestions:
1. Under the MANAGE CLASSMATE PROFILES, can you add a section for "Reunion History" or maybe "Event History".
2. Manage access to this section via the Administrative Rights functionality.
3. All authorized administrators to:
A. View/Edit "active" Registration records.
B. View/Edit/Add "active" Orders/payments
(This would address the current issues with "ADD Reunion Attendee" functionality).
C. Do not allow anyone to see credit card info, except last 4 digits.
2. Once a Reunion/Event is Archive, information becomes READ ONLY.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:47 PM - Response #1

My question for you here is why add this to the Manage Classmates page? The Manage Classmates page is where you go to manage Classmate records in the system of course -- Profiles, Contact Details, Photos, Yearbook Photos... I don't think it would be intuitive to look for previous reunion records here.

Why not keep it under the Reunion Planner where it is now? When you reset your reunion we already archive all of the reunion information, it already becomes read only, we already only show the last 4 digits of credit card #, and only authorized Administrators already have access to all previous records, right down to each specific Classmate and what they ordered.

So my question for you is this: If we leave archived reunion info under the Reunion Planner area, which I think is a must, what about the current setup do you recommend we change, if anything?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 3:37 PM - Response #2

I have not archived a reunion yet but if I guess correctly, once archived, you will be able see all the existing detail for this particular event.

My reasoning is that, besides this reunion, there will be other events and other reunions for a classmate to attend. For example, for our reunion weekend, we are planning five other events for that weekend. (If I understand correctly, the current system only allows us to have only one event active at a time, however, perhaps as a future enhancement, we will be able to have multiple events active).

We are also having events in year 41, 42 and so on. So, if I want to look at data at the event level, I would use the event archive as you suggest.

However, it would be nice to have a Reunion (Event) link in the Manage Classmate Profile so that if I want to see all of the events that the classmate ha participated in, I would see one detail record for each event that the classmate has been involved in since they joined the site and created their profile (Master Record).

Does this make sense?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM - Response #3

It may make the most sense as a separate report or addition to an existing report.

FYI what most people do for multi-event reunions is list each event in the Items section. So people can check off tickets for the main event, the picnic the day before the main event, etc. If an event is free just put $0 in for its cost.

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM - Response #4

Exactly...what Brad said....you list all your events...on your Reunion Page...put in all the items in the Ticket portion. All nice and neat in one place. You can tell who is coming by the reports you can run. This is so simple!!!
We have a few events going on. Two of them are free...I didn't put them on the Ticket portion. The Golf Outing is separate...so we will not collect money for that using the reunion page. I also put a donation for the website and extra memory book order.
Why make it so complicated???

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 6:21 AM - Response #5

Not trying to make it complicated, just thinking ahead, where you have multiple events over multiple years for an individual classmate.

There two ways to manage records on the system. At the event level and at the classmate level. This just ties back event reporting to the classmate level.

If archived Event records can be exported, I can accomplish my reporting by exporting all the event records into one spreadsheet and sorting by name. No problem.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.