ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Help Linked Documents?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/18/10 11:32 AM Views: 1317 Replies: 3
Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I would like to use one of my Customizable Pages as kind of a Help Document for my classmates. I would like to pattern it similar to the FAQ section for Administrator Help. I want to have a list of general questions at the top, click that question to Jump to the answer.

This is a site for 1960 graduates, so I have a vast mixture of highly computer savvy versus completely blank on using a computer. This would be a "single" place they could click on for instance to understand White Listing email, and profile settings recommended by me for their level of privacy desired (as new classmates are registering, it is apparent they don't fully understand the context of the privacy question selections at the bottom of profile). There will be many others I would add, but I think it would be important to have such a FAQ document in a single place, and have Jumps activated.

Can this be done, and if so how?

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM - Response #1

This is an old thread, but still perfectly relevant to your question: How to use anchored links.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 7:26 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

This is an old thread, but still perfectly relevant to your question: How to use anchored links.

Thanks Brad, I actually carried it just a little further with the helpful instructions. I have 4 fairly lengthy Help subjects now, and of course they are presented with the reverse to Scroll Up (ClassCreator FAQ is the same).

I added links at each subject area essentially to click here to Return to Top. Works GREAT!!

P.S. -- I am exploring the Help Forum more, and I notice with questions, your software probably 90 percent of the time already does what the Administrator wants to do (this request is case in point). That is impressive, showing a lot of thought went into your software. Now I just have to get my 'search' techniques fine tuned, and will be all set. Very Happy

Edited 04/18/10 7:29 PM
Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM - Response #3

Nice job on the instructions.

The software already does most things asked because usually somebody asked before. Smile At this point I'd say the majority of what the system does came out of this Help Forum.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.