ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Google Analytics vs Sitemeter

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/26/10 09:20 PM Views: 2032 Replies: 8
Monday, July 26, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I think Google Analytics might be too high tech. I've tried to explore all that G.A. provides, but I prefer the city, state, & map feature of each individual hit (including IP address.)

Sitemeter wasn't sure how to attach to Class Creator. Can Sitemeter code be dropped in the same space as we drop Google Analytics? Thanks.

Monday, July 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM - Response #1

Yes. Anything you insert in the Google Analytics box gets appended to every page of your site automatically.

Monday, July 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yes. Anything you insert in the Google Analytics box gets appended to every page of your site automatically.

Hmmm, what's the chance of TWO configurable Analytics windows; so we can run them parallel for awhile?

Monday, July 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM - Response #3

You don't need two windows. You can paste the first code and then put the second code. If you want, you can insert a comment between them. google codes

A HTML comment is a Less Than, then an exclamation point, then two hyphens. To end the comment, two hyphens, then a Greater Than sign.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM - Response #4

Great, thanks Kyle. I will try that and let you know if I do something wrong Smile

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 12:20 AM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

An HTML comment is a Less Than, then an exclamation point, then two hyphens. To end the comment, two hyphens, then a Greater Than sign.

I wonder how much faster the Internet would be if 1) there were no 'comments' in code or 2) comments only need 1 hyphen before and after the comment or 3) comments were limited to 12 characters.

Getting Giddy. Time to go to bed. Rolling Eyes

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 12:23 AM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

Is it appended to the top of the page or the bottom of the page?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM - Response #7

You can do a VIEW SOURCE of your website and find out yourself, but I will tell you - it is the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 10:43 AM - Response #8

Thank you, Brad, for your quick response. It seems to be working perfectly.

I'm having so much fun! Your Help Forum is an excellent resource for ideas & solving problems. So much talent!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.