ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Credit Card Payment Withdrawal Time

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/14/12 11:24 PM Views: 1240 Replies: 3
Monday, May 14, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I'm just curious as to the reason it takes so long before funds are available. First funds are held 5 days from the purchase date before they can be withdrawn for deposit to our checking account, then you hold the withdrawal for 10 from our withdrawal request before they're posted to our account. This is an unusually long period of time to be holding our funds. This has come up a number of times in our planning meetings and not in a good way. What can I tell everyone that will clarify without sounding greedy on your part?

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 7:50 AM - Response #1

Brad previously answered this in this Help Forum thread:

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....4ED-AE586F34247D9291

I think you are combining the 5-days the Credit Card companies impose on us before the funds are deposited into our account with the 5 days that the Direct Deposit takes to transfer the money into your local bank account.

As Brad explains in the above Help Forum post, the credit card companies impose that waiting time for fraud detection purposes. The other times are just how long the ACH System (the system that companies use to make the Direct Deposit) require to guarantee that the money will be in your local account. We say 5 business days, but depending upon different factors (how slow your bank is to post it, etc.) you could get the money a little bit sooner, but it shouldn't take more than five business days.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM - Response #2

No, I don't think I am confusing the first 5 days. I figured the first 5 days would be attributed to the processing time, however, I'll give you an example. A purchase was made 5/2/2012; accounting for only 5 business days, the earliest I could pull the funds out would be 5/9. I pulled them 5/11, 7 business days from purchase. The note on the Funds page of the Reunion Planner states the echeck will be processed 5/21 by 3:00 est. That's 10 days from the withdrawal.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM - Response #3

The calculation is based on five FULL business days starting the next business day after the request is made. Since the 11th is a Friday, that means the five full days are the 14th-18th. The date given is the next business day after that five day period, though it could give you the 19th (Saturday) instead. Since our system doesn't know if your bank has weekend hours, it just gives the next business date.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.