ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slide.com - Limited Capacity

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/25/09 11:35 PM Views: 1358 Replies: 5
Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Hi, Wondering if anyone has had this Problem:

We have 540 Senior pictures that we thought we put on a Slide. Now we are told that Slide.com's capacity is only 300 pictures per Slide.

So the answer is to put up two (2) separate slides, 'piggy back' at the top of the Home page - one with 300, one with 240?

Anyone else run in to this? How did you resolve/handle it?

Appreciate any advice; Thanks! Nancee

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 7:04 AM - Response #1

Hi! Same thing happened to me. Ended up adding two slideshows. It was the easiest fix for the time being. I don't have it on the homepage though. I made it a link so the slideshows are all that's on the page. Have a beautiful day!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 9:53 AM - Response #2

I split mine into 3 slide shows of individual senior pics and a 4th of what the pages look like in the actual yearbook. I also used one of my pages as a "Memory Lane" and placed them there. Slide lets you design how the slides look, so the 'yearbook' is in a 8mm drive-in theatre design. Pretty cool! Plus I've added a 5th slide that have the extra-curricular album pages, like Queens, Sports, ROTC, Sr class officers, etc. I'm still working on that one.
Actually, with 500, it might be better to break them down because sitting there watching that many pictures, etc. I broke mine down like: A - F; G - L; M - Z and then the classmate can go back and catch a picture quicker because they know which category to go to. I know I like it that way. LOL
p.s. I'll leave it open today if you'd like to see.

Edited 01/26/09 10:10 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM - Response #3

I tried to download from slide.com into a customizable link called slide shows but when i enter the slide show, it just has the code on the screen.\
How is it supposed to look?
I did this with playlist on my home page and not problem.
Thank you,
Max

Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM - Response #4

When you go to Edit Site Pages and click edit for the page you added the slide show. First delete the visible code on the page in the editor. Then click the "Source" button in the upper left hand corner of the editor window - once in source view you can place the code for your slide show there.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 1:12 PM - Response #5

Thank you Jessica. I did it the way you said and it worked fine.
Best Wishes,
Max

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.