ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Add'l Limits to Admin Rights

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/05/12 12:17 PM Views: 1260 Replies: 7
Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I have a multi-year site and would like to limit an Admin's access to edit only certain pages. For example, I would like to limit an Admin's rights to only the Memory page under Edit Pages.

Someone inadvertently unprotected every page on my site and then activated every announcement! What a shock! The Admin says she did not check or uncheck anything so we changed passwords in the event someone hacked the site. My other thought was that maybe a software update did this?

Thanks for considering this additional security.

Cheryl

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM - Response #1

You can edit the admin access for a classmate through the manage classmates link under admin functions. Go to their details page and uncheck the boxes for the pages you don't want them to have edit access to.

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Eric. I guess I didn't explain this clearly. When I give an admin rights to "Edit Pages" they have the ability to change ANY of the pages. I want to limit their access to just the MEMORY page.

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM - Response #3

You can designate this person as having edit access to In Memory and classmate Profiles without giving them general edit access. The checkboxes you want are in the second section, headed Admin Features (various features available throughout your site).

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM - Response #4

Eric B Bassey wrote:

You can designate this person as having edit access to In Memory and classmate Profiles without giving them general edit access. The checkboxes you want are in the second section, headed Admin Features (various features available throughout your site).

Eric, I guess I'm just stupid. I thought that second section allows the admin to "Edit/Delete In Memory and Profile Comments." Are you saying it also gives the Admin rights to add classmates to the In Memory section and add a classmate Profile page? That's really confusing the way it's worded.

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM - Response #5

You know, it may be me who's being stupid. I interpreted that checkbox to mean that the classmate could add people to In Memory, but it appears that is not the case. As of now, there is no way to give someone access to add classmates to In Memory without giving them edit access to other pages. We are working on an improvement to that system, which will allow co-admins to be assigned edit access to only a limited set of pages, but we're not there yet.

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 7:53 PM - Response #6

Thanks, Eric. I feel better already!

Having the option to choose which pages each admin has access to sure would be a nice add'l level of security for us control freaks. I look forward to that update.

Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM - Response #7

Eric B Bassey wrote:

You know, it may be me who's being stupid. I interpreted that checkbox to mean that the classmate could add people to In Memory, but it appears that is not the case. As of now, there is no way to give someone access to add classmates to In Memory without giving them edit access to other pages. We are working on an improvement to that system, which will allow co-admins to be assigned edit access to only a limited set of pages, but we're not there yet.

Just found this reply, Eric. It answers one of my questions in another thread.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.