ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Change UPPER CASE names to Capital Case

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/05/14 11:36 AM Views: 818 Replies: 4
Friday, December 5, 2014 at 11:36 AM

When I first created our site, I uploaded all 770 names from an old Excel class list (in the required .csv format). I didn't notice until it was too late that all the names were UPPER CASE. I'd like them to be like John Jones instead of JOHN JONES. Is there any way I can re-import the names, or run some script to change the case? Or would it have to be a manual, painful thing?

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM - Response #1

You will need to modify your spreadsheed. I do believe you can change the case in your field on the spreadsheet within Excel. The you will need to go to Manage Classmates > Upload Classmates > Reset Classlist.... scroll to the bottom and check all and delete all classmates. Then you can re-upload your new list.

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 2:54 PM - Response #2

Good catch, Tom! I have an alumni site with one complete class in all upper case. I did not catch it in time. Guess who is changing the names?
Cool

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM - Response #3

Well I wouldn't dare do that, since we have a number of people already signed up, with new contact info and profile info entered. I'm afraid it would overwrite (or delete) the data people have entered. Is that correct?

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 3:27 PM - Response #4

There is an option to select all who have not joined. Then you simply need to reupload those who you have deleted and alter the others.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.