ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Music not playing on embedded slideshow

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/09/11 05:54 AM Views: 1246 Replies: 7
Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 5:54 AM

I created a playlist in Gallery Creator and if I view the photos in the Gallery the music plays. But when I inserted the code onto my home page - the slide show works fine but no music. What am I doing wrong?

Update: when I went back to Home page - the photos (which I chose the stack option for) started pouring in with no break - I had set it for 7 seconds.

I deleted the code awaiting your thoughts. Thanks.

Edited 10/09/11 6:09 AM
Monday, October 10, 2011 at 10:58 AM - Response #1

Hi Sharon,

Without seeing what code you used, I can't determine what happened. You can show me by creating a test page with the code in it, but leave its "Active" column unchecked in Edit Site Pages so it won't appear on your site.

Monday, October 10, 2011 at 1:36 PM - Response #2

Eric,

Okay, there is a page called Test Slide Show - I actually figured out what I did wrong concerning the music and it now plays. But the photos stack really, really fast. Look forward to your feedback. I did not try it yet with the other fade out option.

Sharon

Monday, October 10, 2011 at 2:09 PM - Response #3

The fast stacking is just what you see while the slideshow is loading, so that you're not staring a progress bar or a spinning circle or otherwise waiting without having something interesting to look at. If you wait long enough (and if you have a lot of photos or a slow internet connection the wait is longer) then you'll see the slides display for a much more reasonable period of time before transitioning to the next one.

Monday, October 10, 2011 at 2:16 PM - Response #4

So will anyone who views the show see this happen? The music starts right away though. If that is the case then I need to warn everyone in advance? Also, I cannot for the life of me remember (or find) the option for how the pictures are shown (stacked or fade)? I am really losing it! Thanks again for all your help (and to everyone else who has been so kind while I learn this program)

Monday, October 10, 2011 at 3:40 PM - Response #5

Everyone who views the slideshow will see this. You have 453 photos in that slideshow and it will take a relatively long time to load it no matter how fast your connection. It does say "loading" right across the middle as it is loading, so that should be self-explanatory, but you can make it easier for your viewers by limiting the size of the slideshow to 50 or so photos, and doing more than one (and selecting the TEXT LINK display mode instead of the EMBED).

The options are available in your Gallery Creator, in the "Embed" link at the right hand end of the row.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 4:01 PM - Response #6

Eric,

I understand. So - I understand that the Text Link does but how would it address this problem vs. the embed? Is there a way to delay the start of the music until the slides finish loading? Is it possible to delay the start of the slideshow until the photos load? Not sure how to easily split up slideshow....

By the way - this is the most awesome package ever - you have done a wonderful job.

Thanks for your patience.

Sharon

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 11:44 AM - Response #7

The way to split it up is to create new ones, each using only a subset of the 453 photos you already assigned to the first one. Think of it this way: if you show each photo for only 7 seconds, someone would have to spend 53 minutes watching your slideshow to see them all. If they give up after ten minutes, even if they come back later (unless the display order is random) they'll never see the rest of the photos without committing that big a chunk of time. If you want people to actually see the photos you're putting up, make your slideshows much smaller and make several of them.

There is no way that I know of to delay the start of the music until the loading has finished, but a smaller slideshow will also load much faster.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.