Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Idea to get people to interact

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/11/08 03:13 AM Views: 1296 Replies: 2
Friday, July 11, 2008 at 3:13 AM

HI-
I think your website is great.

It is really hard to get people to interact.
I wonder if there was a page that people could enter things into ---sort of a la American Express advertisement:

Last book read:
Favorite book read:
Favorite movie:
Favorite tv show;
Favorite band:
Favorite song:
If you put your ipod on shuffle, what are the first 5 songs:
Last city you visited that you don't live in:
Place you haven't been but would like to go:

etc...a page that allows people to type in minimal stuff...perhaps people can comment on what other wrote..I don't know what the format would be to allow interaction.

Just an idea.

Friday, July 11, 2008 at 3:25 AM - Response #1

Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem with this type of thing is if we implemented it, we would immediately get inundated request to change it. "Please add a this here," "Please delete a that there." Etc. There is no possible way one size could ever fit all. And that's exactly why we developed the Survey Maker.

With the Survey Maker you can already do exactly what you are suggesting below. You, the Administrator, can ask exactly what you want of your Classmates, and other Administrators can ask exactly what they want of their Classmates. Summary of the results can be set to be either private or shared amongst Classmates. You can also rather easily copy the results and put them onto other areas of your web site, such as on your home page for example.

Also don't forget you can use your home page Poll module for entertainment features such as this. Some Administrators run one poll after another and paste to the long term results onto one common page.

Regularly utilizing your Survey Maker and your Home Page Poll modules is a terrific way to keep your Classmates communicating and engaged.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 2:26 AM - Response #2

Perhaps you could create a list of these questions on an e-mail that you send out to all classmates. You could then ask them to fill them in and copy and paste them into an area of their profiles. (i.e. what have you been up to)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.