ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate Verification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/27/13 06:20 PM Views: 834 Replies: 4
Monday, May 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I just changed the New Classmate Verification to require admin verification before allowing new members to access password protected pages. There's a note in the instruction box that reads:

Note: If you select this option, a new "Verified" field will appear in the Classmate's Profile area that only you, the Site Administrator, can see. When a new Classmate joins your site and the Classmate's identify has been confirmed, toggle the "Verified" field to "yes". The default will remain "no" until you do this. Once toggled to "yes" the new Classmate will be granted access to restricted areas of your site.

I don't see the "Verified" field in the classmate profile area. Where exactly does this field exist?

Thanks.

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM - Response #1

Manage Classmates
Enter/edit Classmates
Profile of someone who has created their profile
Scroll all the way to the bottom

Classmate Verification
Member has been verified
Leave this person's account as unverified, but continue to let them use the site
Un-Verify this person and reset their account

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle. I had looked at the Details page but not the Profile page. Got it now.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM - Response #3

I send out a question to the new class member to respond, when they reply with the correct answer I click on verification approved.
My problem is that I get a notification that Profile Updated - Name Listed. That person hasn't replied back yet and if you look for his name in the class members no such name.
Why don't you show their name for everyone to see. I'm afraid some will be confused when they can't find that person's profile. I'm confused when I can't see who he is, I have to go find my yearbook.
HELP! Shocked

Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 7:37 AM - Response #4

When a member joins the website, but needs verification, the classmate is removed from the classmate list because if anyone clicks that classmate, they just get a message that the classmate needs to be approved. So until they are verified, they are removed from the class list.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.