ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

changing passwords & emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/13/18 03:50 PM Views: 517 Replies: 3
Monday, August 13, 2018 at 3:50 PM

I erred in changing a classmate's email. The classmate wanted me to change email and password. I know I can't change the password, so I usually give them a temp password and tell them to change it. But in changing their email address, I simply overwrote it, and now there is no place to even insert a password, nevermind the links that are usually there...This is only for this classmate on our website: JOanne Cameron. Please advise what I did wrong, or correct so that I can insert a temp password. Thanks

Monday, August 13, 2018 at 4:21 PM - Response #1

According to your Manage Classmates page for this member, that member has never actually joined your site and therefore you would not have a field to change their password. They simply need to go to the site and go to their profile and click Join Here to join.

Monday, August 13, 2018 at 4:34 PM - Response #2

Ah...so while all the information was filled in, she never actually joined? SO that information must have been filled in from the original import from Excel 10+ years ago? But, When I clicked on JOIN as she wanted me to complete it for her...None of the information that WAS there, like address etc, is there, and it's all blank...Is that all possible?

Update - OK, so I created the profile and logged in to her account, and then when I logged out, and logged in as ME, the admin - all that information was still there, address etc... So that worked. Thank you

Edited 08/14/18 8:08 AM
Monday, August 13, 2018 at 4:48 PM - Response #3

Yes - an admin provided that information. Also, we never display admin entered information to the member to avoid the "creepy factor" of how does this site know so much personal information about me since I have never joined?

Good to hear you are making progress.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.