ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Pay Pal

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/16/09 12:32 PM Views: 1138 Replies: 2
Monday, March 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Brad,

Is there an e-mail address I can forward something to you? It will not let me copy and paste the e-mail so I can show it to you. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I have received an e-mail just like the one I received the other day. It is about my paypal account trying to be accessed by an un-authorized computer. Have you ever heard of anyone getting these e-mails? In the e-mail it gives me a link to go into to check this out and when I click on the link my computer blocks me from entering it because it is not a safe site. Could this be one of those computer virus type things or someone sending me BS. This is why I wanted you to see it. If it's cool, I am woundering if someone mite be trying to donate to our school site and it isn't working. I figured if there were any problems people would e-mail me telling me so. Any help would be appreciated.Confused

Thank you,
Yvette PHS Class of "87"

Monday, March 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM - Response #1

Yvette,

Paypal will never send you a link in an email other than the initial email you get to validate your email address and open the account. If you ever receive an email like that just delete it. Don't click on the links as they are not likely links to paypal. The only way you should ever go to Paypal is by typing in the Paypal.com yourself and then logging in. Paypal has a write up about this when you login warning users about the scammers out there.

Monday, March 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM - Response #2

O.K. thank you!

Yvette

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.