ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Upgrade

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/28/13 09:41 AM Views: 1089 Replies: 11
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Thanks for all the work your team has done with the upgrades. It's looking really great so far. I like the #7 design and am wondering if we can change out the image that appears at the top of the page. Currently, my year book cover is there and the school is on the left side bar. Is it possible to switch these two and how do I do it? Also, can we change the color of the "newspaper"?

Thanks again!
Tam

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM - Response #1

Thanks Tam. Yes, on your change design page just switch the two images and reupload. Simple as that. No it is currently not possible to change the color of the newspaper background itself. Although we could pretty easily offer this in different "flavors". Suggestions? The new newspaper design will likely undergo a tweak here and there as we see how people are actually using it. So if there's anything else that would help meet your needs here definitely let us know. We'll get a list together and make any changes people are needing.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM - Response #2

Brad, the one issue I had with the newspaper design was the SMALL lettering at the top, not at all like a newspaper would really be. I actually have copies of some of our high school newspapers (I was the editor, surprise, surprise) and possibly could scan them and use them. On the other hand, it might look awful, just thinking out loud.

I also congratulate you on all the work you have done; this stuff is amazing to all of us.

Denise

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM - Response #3

I confess. I opened TAP in another tab first thing to check on the newspaper design.

Like Denise, I was my high school & college newspaper editor. Though I like the idea of the design, I will not use it as is. Sad I'd like a white background and maybe a way to make it looked as if it has been around 40+ years but not overbearing in creases.

As I read Denise's comments, I wondered if it it should have been an Advanced Design. The header needs to be able to be edited. Adding a scan of the school paper header from our days into the the newspaper design might be interesting... or, as Denise noted, look very bad. If it worked, it might be key in taking classmates back in time.

This design is the only thing I have looked into. I did look at the edit site pages page... and said, "Wow!" To actually have it, 'touch it' and know I can return to use it IS great! Thanks. Smile

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM - Response #4

Well, since Brad is open to new "flavors" for the newspaper design, suggestions from former high school ad college newspaper editors would likely be heard with open ears. Wink

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM - Response #5

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Well, since Brad is open to new "flavors" for the newspaper design, suggestions from former high school ad college newspaper editors would likely be heard with open ears. Wink

That is AFTER he gets some shut eye, Scott!
Thanks for all the work I realize each of you have put into this and for all the situations you will be handling. Keep smiling!

P.S. No licorce, please. I received a boat load of Good 'N Plenty for Christmas. Believe me... that was plenty. Wink

Edited 01/28/13 11:21 AM
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM - Response #6

Brad....is there a 6 digit hex code for the background color of the newspaper? Using white is a bit stark, and I couldn't really find a match in the palette box. I'd like the background for the announcements to be the same color as the middle box on the newpaper template. Thanks!!!

dave

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM - Response #7

Try cec799 for the announcement background. Although all other designs have a background color for announcements, this one doesn't really make sense. I think the best solution here is to create the ability to use no background at all. Those who want a colored background could still do it, but I think the default (and what's likely to be used by most) should be transparent background. Adding to list.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM - Response #8

Oh also as Scott said, if you like a newspaper design concept, give me an exact list of what you'd like to see. We'll either make "flavors" of this one or possibly an entirely new one based on what you'd like to see. The best thing you can do is tell me EXACTLY how you'd like it to look and function. If you can describe it I'm sure we can do it.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM - Response #9

LIKE button clicked.
Will mention this in chat, which I plan to be in this evening but... Sleep. I need more sleep.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM - Response #10

You and me together Gwen! The hardest day after a significant upgrade is the first day. Smile It all gets better from here. Or at least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Smile

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM - Response #11

Brad Switzer wrote:

Try cec799 for the announcement background. Although all other designs have a background color for announcements, this one doesn't really make sense. I think the best solution here is to create the ability to use no background at all. Those who want a colored background could still do it, but I think the default (and what's likely to be used by most) should be transparent background. Adding to list.

Brad cec799 looks pretty good. I agree with you for a longer term solution that the transparent background would be the way to go. Nice job on this upgrade. Everything seems to be working fine for me! Really nice features! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.