ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How is CC 3.0 progress going?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/12/11 11:30 PM Views: 1944 Replies: 24
Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I was curious as to any thoughts yet on when we might see some of the CC 3.0 results in action?

Edited 11/12/11 11:35 PM
Monday, November 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM - Response #1

We've been experiencing some bottlenecks but we should have *something* in the next couple of weeks.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM - Response #2

Great! When? When? When?

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM - Response #3

next couple of weeks

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM - Response #4

Laughing Ray and Kyle... thanks for the laugh!

Thanks for the reply, Eric!

Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 1:42 PM - Response #5

Yayyy, I think I today see one of the CC 3.0 listed projects showing up! Brand New Significantly improved page editer.

It is pretty kewl. Editing announcements and inserting graphics have significantly improved.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 1:59 PM - Response #6

YES, the first ClassCreator 3.0 feature has arrived!!!!! I like the FULL-SCREEN mode. It makes it easier to do HTML editing of the content.

If you are wondering where the PAGE BACKUPS went, they are still there, but now you need to click a link to see them. Clicking the link will open up a new window where you can review all of the page backups before replacing the current content. This way, they will stay out of the way until they are needed. On the new PAGE BACKUPS page, you can also VIEW SOURCE of the back-up pages so you can just copy/paste what you want.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM - Response #7

WOW - the backup and preview is exactly what I discussed last year with Brad and more. Finally a usable backup that tells you what it looks like in a preview mode vs the somewhat confusing prior system. Thanks for listening and adding who created the page also.

Excellent work CC. Everyone is going to LOVE the new systemVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM - Response #8

Very nice Thanksgiving present, CC!!!! The new editor is colorful and slick to use, and the HTML is so much easier to edit with the new look. Great job. Can't wait for more of the 3.0 features to show up. Thanks for the terrific improvements! LaughingLaughingLaughing

Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 9:56 PM - Response #9

Nice work on the redo, Class Creator staff.

Friday, November 25, 2011 at 12:50 AM - Response #10

Thanks CC Staff. Glad that some of version 3.0 has finally come to realization and the cloak of mystery has been partially lifted. Hope to see and be able to use the rest of the product in the relatively near future.Very Happy

Edited 11/25/11 2:29 AM
Friday, November 25, 2011 at 2:09 AM - Response #11

I blinked twice, squinted and looked again... Woo Hoo! A gift on Turkey Day! Thanks, CC! I noticed the back-up feature right away. This might be an exciting time! Can't wait for more prizes to show up!Very HappyExclamation

LIVE CHAT

Sunday, 1:00 pm ET

ClassCreator 3.0 Content Editor has arrived!

Always Open to All Site Admins

Bring your future topic suggestions and join us where we share and learn from each other! Smile

Edited 11/25/11 12:20 PM
Friday, November 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM - Response #12

Wow! I noticed right away that the editor had changed. And it is great! Love the ability to size a font and more font choices. The retrieving backups format is certainly a plus. It is much more user friendly.

Thank you CC for addressing our needs and putting them into action.

Glenn Ellen

Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 2:47 PM - Response #13

Anyone able to use the blue text editor? In editing the home page text, the words "ClassCreator 3.0 Content Editor has arrived!" are in blue. I save the edits, return to the home page to view how it looks... the sizing did not take nor did the blue text.

I always say, it could be user error. Yet, I checked the coding in Source and couldn't see a problem. Then again, it was in the wee hours of the morn. Wink

Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 2:58 PM - Response #14

The class=boxfont is overriding the color. So the temporary fix is to remove the span class=boxfont and then the ending /span (in source mode)

Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 3:02 PM - Response #15

Hello Gwen,

I just did a test on my home page and set a large font size and selected a bright green color and it worked perfectly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you in a cold region of the country? Maybe you need to be where it is warmer - like here which is in the sweltering 60s today. Laughing

Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 3:53 PM - Response #16

Oops, sorry. I was sort of correct. Gwen has span class="mainfont" associated with the text. IOW the editor does not remove class= hence it still overrides. (The boxfont was originally part of my old test text.)

So depending on how the text was created, this may or may not work correctly.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 6:01 PM - Response #17

I'll have to try it, Jack.

Glenn Ellen, I'm in South Carolina. I think it was 70 today. Smile

I have too much on my plate, who wants some? LOL

Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 12:14 AM - Response #18

The new editor seems to have resolved the "freeze ups" that occur with Internet Explorer 9. I quit using IE 9 during edits because CC would freeze and have to boot out. I like Firefox better anyway, but now use IE 9 to make sure I haven't blown anything out on website. Sometimes get blow out with IE 9 and NOT Firefox, which is rare and strange.

Anyway, new editor works now with IE 9. Yayy. Very Happy

Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 1:15 AM - Response #19

In the TAP Forums I was able to delete a duplicate post but not able to reply to one in the same thread.

I use Firefox for the sites.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM - Response #20

Gwen,

Jack is right about the blue color. If you look at the HTML source code, you have a SPAN with the class="mainfont" directly in front of the text you want to appear blue. Since the CSS that defines "mainfont" isn't defined yet on the edit screen, your text appears blue. When the announcement is imported into the home page, at the top, it defines the CSS to include a text color of black. Since the style attributes are applied as in the order they are scanned, the blue text attribute is applied first, then the style class="mainfont" is applied next. The blue attribute is turned off for the mainfont style.

If the blue color is the most important feature you want, you need to insert a new SPAN and set the text color to blue, but it needs to be after the SPAN for the class="mainfont"

(I already did this for you, but you can check the announcement to see what I did.)

If you are having other problems, something about duplicate posts, I didn't understand that problem, so I haven't taken a look at it.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM - Response #21

Lots of applause from my classmates for the new changes but one mentioned the following issue:

"when I return to the MF after being away it isn't on the page that I left it but three or four pages before. Is that happening to other people?"

MF = Message Forum, my classmates use the Message Forum A LOT, so it is a BIG deal when there is any change, especially for the better Very Happy
FYI, she experienced this problem in IE - don't know if she has the same problem with Firefox.

She is using IE 9.0 and it does NOT happen in firefox

Edited 11/27/11 6:30 PM
Monday, November 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM - Response #22

Hi Pat,

I am unable to reproduce the problem you describe.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 3:18 PM - Response #23

We had a great Thanksgiving present in the Page Editor addition as part of CC 3.0.

Anything Santa might be bringing to us? Very Happy

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM - Response #24

Maybe, if you have been good.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.