ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcments on bottom of page!!!

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/23/09 08:40 PM Views: 1375 Replies: 5
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I went on my site to post an announcement after not being on for several months. My music and announcments are now way at the bottom of my home page. They were on the top the last time I was on. How do I get the announcements and music back to the top? It looks like a blank page when you first go on it. Help!!!!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM - Response #1

You can control the order of Annoucements VS Home Page Content under Edit Site Pages > Home Page - click the edit button and you'll see arrows next to the Announcement and Home Page Text options. Just click the up arrow to move the Announcements first above the content.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 9:39 PM - Response #2

Go to edit site pages and then edit home page. You can move the arrows up and down on announcements. Put the announcements at the top.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM - Response #3

I have tried for months to fix my homepage, but nothing is working. I clicked on the arrows to change the order of announcements and the content, but it is still at the bottom of the page. If the announcement is on top it appears at the top of the page, but the content is way down at the bottom. If I switch the content to show above the announcement they are both way on the bottom of the page. Some people do not scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, so they can not see everything that is on it. I don't understand why my content is stuck all the way at the bottom since the changes to classcreator.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 5:07 PM - Response #4

Oops, I'm sorry, nobody has accurately diagnosed your problem yet. I fixed it, but you can find out more about what was happening in this thread.

This was an issue in Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome. It was not an issue in Internet Explorer. In your case it's not that you had content too wide for area into which you inserted it, as you had nicely resized your Playlist to 270 pixels to fit. But, unfortunately a "margin: auto" came over with the Playlist code. When that happened, those 3 browsers treated the content as if it were too wide to fit into the area you put it, even though it really wasn't. I removed the "margin: auto" from your code, which fixed the problem for those 3 browsers and thus your main home page content now displays immediately below your Annoncements.

Thursday, August 6, 2009 at 10:49 AM - Response #5

Thanks a lot it's looks a lot better now.Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.