ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Pages Web Address

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/15/16 07:31 AM Views: 963 Replies: 3
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 7:31 AM

I have added pages to the Gallery Creator, then added the pages in the Edit Pages. I am attempting to "link' the web addresses by copying the URL from a specific Gallery page to the Edit Page via the "Open page info and optimization", then "Web Address". For example:
www.RobertELee67.com/Tallahassee-Dinners.htm
to
http://www.robertelee67.com/class_gallery.cfm?gallery_id=49935

Upon saving, I receive an error message (on all existing pages) that the address must end in ".htm"
Example:
1) Web Address must end with ".htm"
2) This Web Address is currently being used by page "Event Photos".
These must be unique.

Have attempted to search the Forums for 'Edit Pages", "Web Address", and other key words with no results.

Please assist on how to correct.

Thank You in advance. JohnB

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 8:20 AM - Response #1

If you are trying to have the link appear in the left-side menus, and trying to do that with the Edit Site Pages, that is not possible. Those links must be pages that end in ".htm".

I think what you want to do is from the GALLERY CREATOR, at the top, choose "Create a new Navigation Link", call it "Tallahassee Dinners", then drag the "Tallahassee Monthly Mtg" gallery into the "Tallahassee Dinners" navigation link.

If you follow the above steps, you will have a "Tallahassee Dinners" left-side menu and the photo gallery "Tallahassee Monthly Mtg" will be the photo gallery in that menu.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 9:07 AM - Response #2

Thanks for the very quick response. As always, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

What I am attempting to do is place the photo galleries in a top tab (Event Photos) Maybe that is not the best place. I already have 5 different events under this top tab, however the web address for the Event Photos does not have a ".htm" extension on it. This maybe be the reason for the multiple (44+) error message.

On the Edit Site Pages option,
(1) I open the "Edit Link";
(2) then select "Open page info and optimization"
(3) place my curser over the "?", I see that the message that the Web Address must end with .htm
(4) However when attempting to change the web address, this is where I receive the error messages.

Hope this helps identify my difficulties.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM - Response #3

It seems like you already made the gallery and that you've done this with a bunch of other galleries - make a menu entry - ending in .cfm (which is a gallery entry name).

What is different from this one that you can't do the same thing here? For example, "Lee Ladies Luncheon" is a gallery item. It doesn't have to be sub-menu. Just drag it to a main item if you want it to be first level.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.