ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pictures on Main Page of Web Site

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/25/09 03:01 PM Views: 1872 Replies: 6
Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Is there a way to put pictures on the main page of your website. I have tried to put one on comments and other places, it will not let me. When people first go into our site, I wanted them to see a group picture of our last reunion. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you,
Yvette

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM - Response #1

Hi Yvette,

Well there are two ways to put up pictures. The first is to go to edit site pages (homepage) and click the image button to upload your pictures. But that can take a while if you have a lot of photos so you might want to try the second option which is to use online slideshow software such as those mentioned on the FAQs page. Most of these sites require you to upload your pictures and then you can create some form of slideshow and just embed them on your site.

Personally I've used Slide.com and you can visit my homepage to see an example of what you can do. Hope this helps.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM - Response #2

Be sure when you are trying to upload photos that you don't do it through AOL. AOL and maybe some other browsers just don't work with uploading to the site, so if you have trouble think about going to Internet Explorer. But the key is finding that Image button on the tool bar on the page where you enter the page content.
Sue

Friday, February 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM - Response #3

I already have a slideshow from slide.com. How can I upload it in the customizable link so that it appears as a slideshow on the homepage? Pls. help...it's nice to see a slide show like the one at Lodge School website...

Friday, February 20, 2009 at 6:40 PM - Response #4

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your home page
3) Embed your slide show. Full directions for this are in our FAQS section. Click on FAQs above, click Questions About Building Your Site, and read Question #17.

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 4:12 PM - Response #5

is there a way to make it that a picture cannot be copied (right click save)?

Saturday, March 7, 2009 at 5:10 PM - Response #6

Yes, but trust me, it's not worth it. Anybody with even basic computer skills can get your image if they want to. There's only one way to keep an image out of the hands of others, and that way is to not post it at all. There's a whole variety of ways to grab somebody's photo from a public web site including:

1) Right click on it and simply saving it
2) Hit the print screen key and crop the resulting image in any graphics program
3) Simply open it up from your computer's browser cache
4) Print the page to PDF, load it into any image editing app, and crop just the image.
5) Print the image on paper, and scan it right back in
6) Use any screen capture program to nab the image, like jingproject.com.
7) Save the html page using the default save feature of your browser. The image will save too. Open up in any graphics app.

I could go on, that's just off the top of my head. The short answer is "no" though. Anybody who wants your image is going to get it, period.

There is one thing you can do though. Watermark it with an invisible watermark from digimarc.com. It won't stop somebody from nabbing your image. But it will prove ownership of the image. I.E. you could demand somebody stop using your image based on your ability to prove ownership.

Edited 09/15/09 8:20 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.