ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email Notification Notice

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/29/08 12:09 PM Views: 1434 Replies: 6
Friday, August 29, 2008 at 12:09 PM

I tried to see if I put someones e-mail address into to box on the site to see if they would be notified automatically and nothing came through and it has been 2 days.

Friday, August 29, 2008 at 6:07 PM - Response #1

Have them check their spam folder in case it went there. Also, try putting in your own email address. How quickly do you receive the invite? If you want you can also put in info@classcreator.com and I'll tell you how quickly I receive it. We can send an email out, but there are all kinds of reasons why somebody may not receive it. Check our "Questions About Email" section in our FAQs for dealing with and resolving email problems.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 9:55 AM - Response #2

I have put my own address in there and nothing. I have 3 different e-mail accounts and sent it to my wife as well and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sending it to you as well right now.
Mike

Edited 09/03/08 9:56 AM
Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 1:16 AM - Response #3

I sent a test invite from your site and got it within 2 minutes. I see you have an AOL address, I wonder if they've having issues again, I just went through this same thing with them about a month ago and tracked it down to a registrar issue.

I just sent you a test email from our "Your High School" web site. Please let me know if you get it, and if you don't, please check your spam or junk email folder. If it's not there either, can you do me a favor and call your American Online rep and ask them why emails from postmaster@classcreator.net are not making it to your account? They will probably know right away. I may have to go through some sort of process with them to track this down again...

I'm going to PM you what I have for your email address so I'm sure I'm sending my test to the right place.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 3:55 PM - Response #4

Brother... This is a two fold problem. Not only are we having an issue with AOL (again), somebody reported a very real email as spam, getting our mailserver "graylisted" on a list that many email providers subscribe to. So I'm working to get both of those resolved as soon as possible.

Unfortunately a lot of people think we are another class web site system, and think we are sending spam email -- which we don't -- ever. This has lead to similar problems in the past. Apparently this is just somthing I'm going to have to deal with from time to time.

Edited 09/04/08 10:18 PM
Friday, September 5, 2008 at 3:04 AM - Response #5

Got the first one solved this afternoon. Still waiting to hear back from AOL.

Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 3:06 AM - Response #6

Well, good news, the final issue with AOL is now also resolved. Got us whitelisted today AOL wide. You may want to resend any emails to anybody with aol email addresses. Anybody who didn't get them before should now get them fine. Here's AOL's confirmation of our whitelisting:

--------------------------------
Your Whitelist request, with the confirmation code has been approved. This should become effective within 24 hours.

White listing exempts you from many of the spam filters at our mail gateways, but it is not a guarantee of delivery. As was indicated in the guidelines, AOL requests that mailers keep their complaint rates under 0.1%, bounce rates under 10% and bounce acceptance rates above 90%. If any of these thresholds are broken, you will be sent an email notification (report card) on the morning of the following day to postmaster and abuse at your domain name. If you get these regularly, it's a good idea to examine your process and procedures for list acquisition and management. Not doing so could result in complaints
reaching a high enough threshold that you incur a dynamic block. As the name implies, there is no advance warning with this block. You will know it occurred by the presence of 554 RLY:B1 message returns in your mail logs.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.