ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Statistics: Activity last 30 days suggestion

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/06/08 08:24 PM Views: 1554 Replies: 6
Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 8:24 PM

I was wondering if something could be done with the bar graph that shows the "Active Classmates in the last 30 days". I keep wondering which classmates are active and which are the ones that log in one time and then don't come back.

I know there are privacy issues, but how about if the admin clicks on one of the bars of the graph it will display the list of classmates that correspond to the numbers for that day. I think the database is currently saving this information, but I could be wrong.

Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 11:36 PM - Response #1

I'm not overly concerned with privacy issues if this type of data is available to admins' eyes only. It's an entirely different story when these types of stats get displayed publicly on the site.

Rick can we do this?

Edited 12/06/08 11:49 PM
Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 11:04 AM - Response #2

As our site's administrator, I'd also like to see who's visiting our class site daily; however, what helps make our site a success, I believe, is that our members are able to remain anonymous.... And, as tempted as I am to activate our option to publicly display who's on line at the moment, I think it'll actually scare my classmates off....

What I would like to see, though, is the option to make our statistics page live for all members to see. Also, I like the bar graph which displays how many site members visited our site over the last 30 days; but, it would be even better if it also displayed how many total visitors per day so there's something to compare it to.... Based on my own record keeping, I was actually quite surprised to see that only about 1/3 of our daily visitors are actually members of our site. So, if there would be anyway to incorporate total visitors per day into the graph also, that would be great!

Thanks for your consideration and have a great day ~
Sandie Very Happy

Edited 12/07/08 7:47 PM
Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 11:47 AM - Response #3

We have a Task On the list to allow some public usage stats to display on the home page. Optional of course. Stay tuned for that.

Regarding the Who's Online Now box, we'll shortly have an option at the bottom of that box to "hide name" for anyone who wants to log in and browse the site anonymously. One click and POOF, you disappear from public view. With this it should accommodate the wishes of everyone.

Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 7:58 PM - Response #4

Cool... Very Happy Also, if the Statistics page data could coincide with our own time zone, that would be nice, too. Based on when my site's bar graph gets updated every night, the "cutoff" time appears to be 11:00pm instead of midnight, which is what I would prefer.

Thanks again ~
Sandie Smile

Edited 12/07/08 7:59 PM
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 12:31 AM - Response #5

Along these same lines, is it possible to also monitor or "see" what pages are being visited the most on the site? This would help eliminate those pages that are not being visited and replace them with info that classmates are more interested in.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 3:27 AM - Response #6

Yes. Just click on your Preferences link and follow the instructions in the Google Analytics area.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.