ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

2nd Domain Name Referrals

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/04/09 08:34 PM Views: 1343 Replies: 1
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Brad. Your Class Creator is FANTASTIC!!! When even an Old F_rt like me can administer it, it has to be Very Simple to use!

I have another web Domain name obtained through a different source (Godaddy.com) before I found out about ClassCreator and obtained a domain name through your source. It is www.ohs58.com.
The current, active website is under www.ohs58.net. Is there a simple way to have all hits to the www.ohs58.com be directed to the current www.ohs58.net site? Thanks, Brad. You guys are the GREATEST!!

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 8:43 PM - Response #1

Hi Ralph,

You can create a forward at Godaddy from one domain to the other - here are the instructions posted on the GoDaddy site for creating forwards:

To Forward a Domain:

1. Log in to your Account Manager.

2. In the My Products section, click Domain Manager.

3. Use the checkbox(es) to select the domain name(s) you want to modify.

4. Click Forward.

5. Select Enable forwarding.

6. In the Forward to field, enter the URL to which you want to forward your domain name(s).

7. In the Redirect type area, select one of the following:

301 Moved Permanently
Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field using a "301 Moved Permanently" HTTP response. The HTTP 301 response code tells user-agents (including search engines) that the location has permanently moved.

302 Found (Temporary Redirect)
Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field using a "302 Found" HTTP response. The HTTP 302 response code tells user-agents (including search engines) that the location has temporarily moved.

8. Click OK.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.