ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Pictures to the Memorial Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/25/16 12:02 PM Views: 1559 Replies: 11
Monday, April 25, 2016 at 12:02 PM

How do I add pictures to the memorial page. Almost none of those on the page have pictures.

Sharon Crane

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 12:34 PM - Response #1

Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Profiles > Click on the yearbook photo spot to add a new image.

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 12:36 PM - Response #2

The pictures on the In Memory page are the yearbook photos. To add them, go to Admin Functions > Preferences > Profile Preferences > Photos, and toggle "Show Yearbook Photos on Classmates Profile" to on. Then upload the photos for each classmate as Scott Mastenbrook describes in response #1.

If you don't have yearbook photos uploaded, or don't want to upload yearbook photos, go to Admin Functions > Preferences > In Memory Yearbook Photos and toggle off "Show In Memory yearbook photos by default." This will return you to the listing of names you're used to seeing.

Edited 04/25/16 12:40 PM
Monday, April 25, 2016 at 2:10 PM - Response #3

I need to add articles and photos to the In Memory profile of several deceased classmates. I have been doing this ever since we started our website, it was a fairly simple process, click on Edit Site Pages, click on In Memory, click on Edit Page, and then select the classmate whose In Memory profile could be added to, photos, obituaries, articles, etc. Now when I go through that process, it has totally changed and the ability to update the In Memory profile (not the Classmate Profile) is no longer possible. First of all, instead of a list of names in the In Memory section, class photos show up. That is ok, but whoever changed this did not include photos if they weren't class photos. For guests, which include former classmates and faculty, we have plenty of photos in their In Memory section that didn't get uploaded. How do I do that. Next, when clicking on the photos to enter the In Memory profile, there is no tool bar. So adding to the In Memory profile does not appear to be an option. This is not acceptable. This is a dynamic document and I need to be able to update the In Memory profiles as needed. And let me make it clear, I do not want to update the Classmate Profile - I am trying to update the In Memory Profile like I was always able to do. Why has someone compromised our ability to manage these websites without any prior warning or discussion? If you can't tell, I am angry. And I now manage two class websites, so this has impacted us adversely.

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 2:42 PM - Response #4

Michael, are you sure you're unable to edit the In Memory profile of your classmates?

I just tried to edit the In Memory profile for a classmate and everything works normally. Under Admin Functions, I clicked on Edit Site Pages > In Memory (Edit Page). That brings up a list of all the deceased classmates. Each entry has EDIT/DELETE/Classmate Name. When I click on EDIT, it brings up the edit box as normal.

Edited 04/25/16 3:34 PM
Monday, April 25, 2016 at 2:53 PM - Response #5

When I do what you describe, I don't get a list of In Memory classmates, I get their senior class photos (which include almost none for guest members in the In Memory Section. Instead of clicking on a name, I have to click on a photo. What comes up is their In Memory profile, but no tool bar shows up and I am unable to edit, add to, or otherwise alter the In Memory profile in any way.

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM - Response #6

Michael,

There is a bug in the current product. If you view your "In Memory" page, there is a new option for "Yearbook Photos" and it is checked/on by default. The problem is that the "Yearbook Photos" is sticky and is remembered for each user. The Edit Site Pages/Edit Page for the In Memory is using the same display page internally, so even though it doesn't have a "Yearbook Photos" checkbox, it is still using that flag and displaying the photos. There is no way to turn it off on that page. You can go to your "In Memory" page and uncheck the option, then return to your Edit Site Pages for the In Memory page and it should fix the problem for you. You could also go to Preferences and turn off the option there, but that will remove the option for everyone.

The programmers are aware of this problem and the above workaround should only be temporary until they can fix the code.

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:04 PM - Response #7

Thanks for the quick response, and I am glad to hear that the programmers are working on this. I am going to wait for the repair, because I want to make sure it is fixed and I don't get caught in further unintended consequences of a transition. This change caught me off guard, as I am sure it did everyone. I am not sure what the point of the change was, everything was working well from my perspective. I like the addition of the photos vs. a list of names, but once it is fixed, I am going to face a lot of work to add photos that aren't "official" class photos. Upgrading website codes is supposed to make life easier, not harder, for the one's managing these websites. It appears not to have turned out that way this time.

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:33 PM - Response #8

Should be fixed shortly.

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:53 PM - Response #9

Thanks.

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 7:14 PM - Response #10

It's so upsetting to see you use the word "angry". Take a step back & a deep breath, Michael. All things will work out.
Peace. My best regards, John

Monday, April 25, 2016 at 11:41 PM - Response #11

The programmer reports this issue is fixed. Everyone can calm down now.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.