ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Center Names on Memory Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/04/09 05:20 PM Views: 1671 Replies: 15
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 5:20 PM

My memory page is all messed up. Could someone help me get it back to where it looks good. I have a bps under the poem that shouldn't be there. Don't know how to fix. I would like the names centered. Don't know how to fix. Also I have too many spaces between the poem and the names as we are getting so many names. What do I do to make the page more presentable. I've been trying and I don't seem to be getting anywhere lately.

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 6:39 PM - Response #1

Well, as the old saying goes, "If at first you don't succeed, just post your question in the Class Creator forums." Wink

In visual view I just selected your extra "bps" characters and deleted them. Then in code view at the very end of your page I added this tag:

This causes your list of names to center as I think you're wanting.

Finally, I messed up your cloud background and then managed to lose the code. Oops! Sorry about that! Please add that back to the bottom of the page and you should be all set.

Edited 05/04/09 9:52 PM
Monday, May 4, 2009 at 9:23 PM - Response #2

Brad,
Never you mind about messing up anything that I can fix. I appreciate you helping me and 'I did it!' You can teach a old dog new tricks. You are the best! I need to put you on my shoulder so you could tell me what I'm doing... another day!
Thanks again.....

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 10:26 PM - Response #3

Brad,
P.S. Now because I have so many names clear to the bottom of the page. If I want music playing in the background, where do I put it?

Monday, May 4, 2009 at 11:37 PM - Response #4

I'd put it right at the top of your source code. If you dont' want the player to actually display just set all heights and widths you see in the code to 0.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 12:04 AM - Response #5

Thanks Brad,
Your sure quick to the draw. That's why we love you.
I will try all this and see where I am. I conqured part of it but the column's are not quite there yet. I'll try when I'm refreshed in the morning hours. Your the greatest! Again..........

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM - Response #6

Brad,

I was able to get the hidden playlist on the "In Memory" page, but it doesn't keep playing when I go to those deceased classmates' pages. Is there a way y'all can work on that so that it will??? Is that possible???

Thanks,
Anita

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 1:49 PM - Response #7

Not currently no. The nature of the web is to connect and disconnect from individual pages, thus the moment you leave the page the Playlist is going to stop. But you can always add the "pop out player" button for Classmates who wish to open up the Playlist in a separate window so the music continues playing even after they've left the page.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 11:59 PM - Response #8

Brad or Jessica,

After adding the hidden playlist to our "In Memory" page, I decided to add a playlist to the "Veterans page." Well, I messed it up royally. The playlist is apparently hidden OK because music is playing fine, but the rest of the page (wording and flags) is now running vertically instead of horizontally. I must have removed or moved something affecting the alignment of words in the process of getting rid of html code in order to "hide" the playlist.
Can you help???
I will be seeking out an "html" tutorial shortly.

Thanks!!!
Anita

Edited 05/06/09 2:03 AM
Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 1:01 AM - Response #9

I'm not seeing anything running horizontally, so I'm assuming whatever it was you figured out.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 1:29 AM - Response #10

Brad,

I took out the hidden playlist and everything went back into proper alignment. I'll try again later to add it back and see what happens. Too tired now.

Anita

Edited 05/06/09 2:14 AM
Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 2:14 AM - Response #11

Not seeing it. What browser and browser version # are you using?

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 2:16 AM - Response #12

Internet Explorer latest version.

I'll try again later.

I edited my previous posting after deleting playlist.

I thought you had gone to bed.

Thanks,
Anita

Edited 05/06/09 2:19 AM
Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 3:05 AM - Response #13

Havne't you heard? I don't sleep.

Friday, May 8, 2009 at 3:22 AM - Response #14

Can't you put

Friday, May 8, 2009 at 1:07 PM - Response #15

Yes.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.