ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Animated buttons

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/15/09 11:23 PM Views: 1439 Replies: 4
Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Howdy,

When I add new content to the budding reunion website I'd like the new stuff to stand out making it obvious to repeat visitors what has changed. For example, I want to add a new poll. How do I get this button to stand out besides posting an announcement? I can see the announcement board getting cluttered rather quickly. Can the buttons on the left of the screen under Member Functions be animated or highlighted or something snazzy like that? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks a bunch!

Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 11:39 PM - Response #1

The links themselves are just ASCII text and thus cannot be animated. But we can keep that in mind for future designs that may use more Flash.

What I've seen many Admins do is put in little animations to call attention to things. Sometimes they'll even point right at a particular left hand link. For an example of this check out the Redford High School Class of 59 site.

Edited 03/15/09 11:39 PM
Monday, March 16, 2009 at 9:04 PM - Response #2

I did just that and I like the results

http://www.classcreator.com/Burton-MI-Atherton-1984/class_index.cfm

But now when I try to edit the content portion of my home page I cannot put anything below the animated arrow I swiped from the other website. Any idea why this is? I plan on putting some more content in so I'm stuck at this point.

Thanks in advance

Monday, March 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM - Response #3

I'm not sure, but if you ever have a problem like that, just press Source and then enter a couple periods at the end of your code. I did that and you can see the .. in there now. From your regular visual view just replace those ..'s with whatever other content you want.

Monday, March 16, 2009 at 10:57 PM - Response #4

Yep I see the ... on the screen. OK, that's good information to know and I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.