ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

The phantom "******bag"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/25/09 04:47 AM Views: 1278 Replies: 1
Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 4:47 AM

Ok, here is the mystery. I received an email notification that a Joe E.(real name withheld)Douchebag has joined my site. The first and last name are the names of one of my classmates but how the word douchebag was added to his name, I have no idea. I checked his profile on my list and it contains no reference to the word douchebag and seems to be legit. In his profile he has a valid email address but on the notification email it said that his address was xxx@xxx.com. Is this a hijacking attempt? I do not know why the name shows up differently on the notification email than on the profile. I know this sounds kind of funny but I want to know what you think and if anyone had this kind of thing happen to them.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM - Response #1

The person clearly joined your site and put in the word "Douchbag" at the time of joining. And then removed the word Douchbag after joining.

Yes, most likely this is a prankster. I'm almost certain it's not the actual Classmate. Especially since there's no valid email address. I'm also assuming the phone number won't work. Dial it up and give it a whirl -- when it fails I'd delete the Classmate's Profile, then readd the Classmate so the real Classmate can join in the future.

This kind of thing is precisely why we added the anti hijacking feature.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.