ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading Yearbook Photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/09/15 03:31 PM Views: 1163 Replies: 10
Friday, October 9, 2015 at 3:31 PM

I suspect my problem is this stupid computer, but I will ask anyway:

From a scanned yearbook page, I cropped a yearbook photo, and uploaded it to the person's profile. No problem. Piece of cake. Did that twice. Third and fourth tries...something went wrong. While the picture is "there", it's not showing. Or at least I think it's there. When I click on the 'Yearbook Photo" spot on their profile, and click "Select Phote", the photo I previously uploaded appears on the next screen, but yet it is not showing in the little square.

Is there a particular size these things need to be?

Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 12:02 AM - Response #1

Three different browsers, and two computers, and still the photos don't "stick"...they no longer show in the Yearbook slot. Yet when you click on 'Select Photo' and the dialog box opens, there's the picture. It worked for a minute...but now...?Crying or Very sad

Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 12:09 AM - Response #2

Although there have been some problems reported in this area in the past, I'd think that when it worked twice it should continue to work. This may simply be one of those times when your browser cached the page before you uploaded the yearbook photo. F5 will usually reload the page, but there are times when you have to use the browser option to clear cache.

If it's not that, what happens when you click on the Yearbook Photo spot, click Select Photo, and select that photo? Size should not be an issue since the process resizes the photo for you.

Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 3:10 PM - Response #3
upload issue.pptx

THREE computers...no cigar. See attached ppt slide.

Edited 10/10/15 3:10 PM
Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 3:38 PM - Response #4

What happens when you click on her photo at that point?

By the way, the forums do well with uploaded photos or screen snaps, but not so well with documents or pp slides. I was able to download that pptx as a text file, rename it to a pptx, and then view it.

Edited 10/10/15 3:40 PM
Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 6:48 PM - Response #5

Oh dear. Anyway. Nothing happens. Sad Thank you for your help.

Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 10:54 AM - Response #6

How do you upload a screen shot? Always have to save it to something, hence the PPT. Or do you just paste it right in the box?

Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:53 PM - Response #7

It is official. I am an idiot. I think I will chalk this one up to "Senior Moment".

My problem is between the chair and the keyboard. Embarassed (old support tech joke).

Ultimately after initially uploading the photo, you must then click on the photo, edit if necessary, then SAVE it. Boy oh boy do I feel like a dummy. Sad I pride myself on making sure the problem isn't operator-error.

Thank you John Ralph....your comment "what happened when you clicked on her photo" stuck in my head. Huh? Ok, fine. Let me try that...duh....

Thanks for your help anyway.

Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:54 PM - Response #8

It is official. I am an idiot. I think I will chalk this one up to "Senior Moment".

My problem is between the chair and the keyboard. Embarassed (old support tech joke).

Ultimately after initially uploading the photo, you must then click on the photo, edit if necessary, then SAVE it. Boy oh boy do I feel like a dummy. Sad I pride myself on making sure the problem isn't operator-error.

Thank you John Ralph....your comment "what happened when you clicked on her photo" stuck in my head. Huh? Ok, fine. Let me try that...duh....

Thanks for your help anyway.

Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 1:01 PM - Response #9

Use ALT PrintScreen to copy the current window to the clipboard (or CTRL PrintScreen to copy the entire screen), and paste that into a picture editor. Edit/Crop as needed, and Save AS the screen shot on your PC as a jpg or gif. Then use the "Attach File" to upload it. Note that when you've attached a file, if you preview your post, you have to attach it again before saving the post.

Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 1:49 PM - Response #10

See, my I/T experience is overthinking this. Paste to paint and save as a jpg. Duh.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.